Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I bought my car- the woman gave me the # of a guy who would get me the spoiler and put it on for $300. She works at the Saturn part of the dealer- and said they all use this guy for spoilers. moonroofs and all that. I called him and he said "Well, I have never done a Mazda 6 before- but I'm sure it wont be tough- you can even help hold it on. Does it have a light? Mm. guess I'll have to figure that out- since I have never done a Mazda6.."

So, he hasn't filled me with that much confidence. Should I look for another guy? Or is a poiler a spoiler and no matter who does it- they probably don't have much experience with the Mazda?

I'm in the LA area if anyone knows of a comparable place to go to.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Wing Spoiler'

I don't have anything valuable to add, but is this the oem spoiler or a replica spoiler? I'd like to get a spoiler too, not to mention

SOME 17 INCH SPORT PACKAGE WHEELS

anybody listening??? =)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Wing Spoiler

Well, seeing as the Mazda 6 is new- anyone have any ideas of who has done these before? Can you jsut go to any old body shop? Nad this is the guy the Mazda place recommended. But yea- I agree- although I don't know that much about cars.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Wing Spoiler

I hardly thing it's anything different on the Mazda6 then on any other car regarding putting these things on.

If it is done thrugh the dealer, ther should really be no problem. I think they know the guy is good - otherwise they would have to fix it with their money...

And a spoiler is really about getting the holes aligned, getting it waterproof and not messing up paintwork really... Maybe put in wires for brakelight. Nothing that hard for a pro.

I'd say you would be fine with that...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Wing Spoiler'

Originally posted by Blackbird

I hardly thing it's anything different on the Mazda6 then on any other car regarding putting these things on.  

If it is done thrugh the dealer, ther should really be no problem. I think they know the guy is good - otherwise they would have to fix it with their money...

And a spoiler is really about getting the holes aligned, getting it waterproof and not messing up paintwork really... Maybe put in wires for brakelight. Nothing that hard for a pro.

I'd say you would be fine with that...[/b]
I agree, adding a spoiler is pretty much the same routine for all cars alike. If he is experienced with adding spoilers he will have no problem, especially if it is the factory (or replica of it) spoiler, it wont be hard for a pro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts