Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know why my window widers will stutter across the windshield liek its getting stuck or somethign.. its the first time it rained in LA since i got my car and i was using it and noticed it.. its very noticeable.. and it makes that noise like if you used it while it was dry but it was wet and still doing that!:sarc

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'window wipers stuttering'

i had that problem when i got the car couple of days

its' cause the wiper are dry or it's dirty something like that

a car wash which i clean the wipers fixed the problem.

hope that helps :zzz

·
Registered
142 Posts
Reading Topic: window wipers stuttering

mine did it too, the more i used them, the better it got, it barely does it now

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

its really bad on mine tho like its rubbing against the glass hard and leaves a white smear when it goes by that dissappears after more rain hits on it..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

oh yeah forgot to add i think i tried it once or twice at the dealer and it was working.. maybe i'll take pics of the wipers maybe theres somethign wrong cuz i did wash the car last weekend and lifted teh wipers up to wash the windshield but any other reasons why other than just wearing it in and being dirty?

·
Registered
534 Posts

Wipe the wipers really good with a sponge or use those squeegee sponges at the gas pump and really scrub the contact patch of the wiper that touches the windshield. Worst case scenario-buy new blades but the ones you have should be okay.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

I have found that when this happens it's usually because there's some kind of gook on the wipers or windshield. If you clean the windshield extremely thoroughly (with a lot of elbow grease); and the wipers, too, the problem should go away. It's also possible that the wipers have dried up and are no longer flexible, if you're in a dry/hot part of the country.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The original windshield wipers suck. Replace them with some better stuff, and the problem will go away (as it will if you give it a while).

Another way to help them is to put some of the sight-stuff on your windshield, it does for the glass what wax does for the paint.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

I put Rain-X on my windshield and they do stutter in light rain. But this happned on my other car when I just put a fresh coat of Rain-X.

·
Registered
526 Posts

I've had them stutter with Rain-X as well.

BTW - what size wiper does the 6 take? I don't think it's in the manual and I haven't bothered to measure yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts