Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is only two weeks old, and all of the sudden my driver side PW switches won't work on any window except the driver window (no, I don't have them locked). Each switch at each window still works individually, but that's it. And none of the windows will do Auto-Down or Auto-Up anymore. Weird.

Just curious if anyone else has had this same problem? :swearin:

Thanks!

·
Registered
693 Posts
im having the same issue.... any quick fix without having to hit up the dealer?

·
Registered
288 Posts
My car is only two weeks old, and all of the sudden my driver side PW switches won't work on any window except the driver window (no, I don't have them locked). Each switch at each window still works individually, but that's it. And none of the windows will do Auto-Down or Auto-Up anymore. Weird.

Just curious if anyone else has had this same problem? :swearin:

Thanks!
[/b]
Did you disconnect the battery?

To reprogram the windows you need to do the following sequence. Put the key in the ignition and turn it from lock to run. Within 5 seconds, open the window all the way then close the window all the way and hold the button in the up position for at least 2 seconds after the window is fully closed.

To do the doors other than the drivers door, you need to use the button on that window's door (not the ones at the driver door).

After you have done all the windows, the auto up/down will work at the drivers door.

All of this is in the manual. :yesnod:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery?

To reprogram the windows you need to do the following sequence. Put the key in the ignition and turn it from lock to run. Within 5 seconds, open the window all the way then close the window all the way and hold the button in the up position for at least 2 seconds after the window is fully closed.

To do the doors other than the drivers door, you need to use the button on that window's door (not the ones at the driver door).

After you have done all the windows, the auto up/down will work at the drivers door.

All of this is in the manual. :yesnod:
[/b]
Side note, you actually don't have to rush or go all the way down with the windows. Just crack it then hold up until you hear a click.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh. :irate:

im gonna make a counter for everytime this question is asked. there should be a sticky for noobs in every subcategory.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Never had this issue....

·
Registered
159 Posts
aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh. :irate:

im gonna make a counter for everytime this question is asked. there should be a sticky for noobs in every subcategory.
[/b]
There is, basically.

·
Registered
651 Posts
You have to refill the auto window fluid.
[/b]
Albeit funny, people are just going to fill the windshield reservoir with blue stuff and say 'it still doesn't work...now what'. :slap:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet. Thanks guys!! Think I'll head to the "Help" section at Auto Zone and get one of those roll-up handles just in case re-filling the window fluid doesn't work.

Is the window fluid "brand specific" like the new red and green radiator coolants (you know, like Dex-Cool)?? If so, do they make it in Velocity Red so it can match my car??

Thanks again, you guys ROCK!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sweet. Thanks guys!! Think I'll head to the "Help" section at Auto Zone and get one of those roll-up handles just in case re-filling the window fluid doesn't work.

Is the window fluid "brand specific" like the new red and green radiator coolants (you know, like Dex-Cool)?? If so, do they make it in Velocity Red so it can match my car??

Thanks again, you guys ROCK!
[/b]
Fine, if you want to be a smartass. A simple search using the word "windows" brings us these threads:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=59513
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=59155
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=57960

Or looking in your owner's manual is another solution to the problem.

I understand your frustration, coming to ask a simple question and getting smartass replies. But once you've been here for a few weeks and you've seen this EXACT question get asked over and over again, it will start to annoy you too.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^^^^^ Agreed....

HOWEVER... because these sites track number of posts... and give people super special super human cool nerd powers for having a lot of posts... and there is no way to punish people for bad posts...

The trolls spend hours and hours spamming the USEFUL threads.... So when you search "window" you'll get a thread with some tool who said "your mom loves windows learn2drive"

And if you DO get the right thread... usually you'll have 10 pages of shit to read before you get to the answer.... again all the trolls spamming about worthless shit....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fine, if you want to be a smartass.
I understand your frustration, coming to ask a simple question and getting smartass replies. But once you've been here for a few weeks and you've seen this EXACT question get asked over and over again, it will start to annoy you too.
[/b]
Actually, I was trying to be funny. And even re-reading it now, I still think I was funny. IMHO. On the other hand, in reading your response, the word "dick" comes to mind. Who knows, maybe it's just me.

FWIW, I did use the search feature. And as pointed out, it brought up COUNTLESS topics, of which none seemed to be relevant. Perhaps I used the wrong search terms, or didn't highlight the proper area in which to search. Who knows. Either way, if this questions "annoys you", why bother reading the thread? Furthermore, why bother reading all 12-15 responses and then making a response of your own?? If I was on a diet, I wouldn't hang out in a Bakery.

Lastly, I've owned probably 150 cars. And I have NEVER owned a car that required the windows to be "set". I would have never guessed that this information would have been in my owner's manual, because I didn't realize that it wasn't an electrical problem. Much the same as if the engine were to stop running, I wouldn't check the owner's manual for "clues". :sarc:

Lighten up Francis.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Actually, I was trying to be funny. And even re-reading it now, I still think I was funny. IMHO. On the other hand, in reading your response, the word "dick" comes to mind. Who knows, maybe it's just me.

FWIW, I did use the search feature. And as pointed out, it brought up COUNTLESS topics, of which none seemed to be relevant. Perhaps I used the wrong search terms, or didn't highlight the proper area in which to search. Who knows. Either way, if this questions "annoys you", why bother reading the thread? Furthermore, why bother reading all 12-15 responses and then making a response of your own?? If I was on a diet, I wouldn't hang out in a Bakery.

Lastly, I've owned probably 150 cars. And I have NEVER owned a car that required the windows to be "set". I would have never guessed that this information would have been in my owner's manual, because I didn't realize that it wasn't an electrical problem. Much the same as if the engine were to stop running, I wouldn't check the owner's manual for "clues". :sarc:

Lighten up Francis.
[/b]
I guess of your 150 cars, none of them were a Lexus. I work for a Lexus dealership and even a $70k luxury barco-lounger will loose the window lift stop point calibration. If it weren't for this system, I am sure there would be a few people complaining on this forum that the window came all the way up and pinched their fingers off! :nana:

So once the noobies finally pick up their owner's manual and read it cover to cover, they too will be enlightened... but I guess it is much easier / lazier to post it here and burn up some cyberspace bandwidth and offset the balance of the space/time continuim (sp?) in the mean time. Or at the minimum irk a few of the other members on this forum group... :sarc:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess of your 150 cars, none of them were a Lexus. I work for a Lexus dealership and even a $70k luxury barco-lounger will loose the window lift stop point calibration. If it weren't for this system, I am sure there would be a few people complaining on this forum that the window came all the way up and pinched their fingers off! :nana: [/b]
Nope, never owned a $70k Lexus. But I did own an $80k Viper. The windows worked just like they were supposed to all the time. Never even had to "calibrate" them. You don't have to "calibrate" the new Corvette windows either. Go figure. And it's only a $50k car.

So once the noobies finally pick up their owner's manual and read it cover to cover, they too will be enlightened... but I guess it is much easier / lazier to post it here and burn up some cyberspace bandwidth and offset the balance of the space/time continuim (sp?) in the mean time. Or at the minimum irk a few of the other members on this forum group... :sarc:
[/b]
Personally, I think it would have been much easier to have just left things alone in this thread once my useless question was answered. Rather than having people like you continue to "burn up cyberspace" themselves with d!ckheaded, arrogant, know-it-all responses.

GOD FORBID I didn't read my owner's manual cover to cover! Guess it's a good thing I didn't mention that I bought the car without ever even test driving it. In fact, I never even sat in it until I drove it home! I can only imagine how I would have been attacked for that. Geez, I thought it was just a Mazda, not some top secret test mule for new window gadgetry. :sarc:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When in doubt, let God sort them out - Fire in the hole!
06 MazdaSpeed6 GT Blk/Blk - Navi - Moonroof (4/21)
Clear mask and headlamp film (5/04)
Silver tinted front/rear turnsignal bulbs (5/18)
Tinted front side markers (6/16)
Center vent mounted Autometer boost gauge (7/9)
Rear four brake lamp mod (7/16)
Fujita cold air intake (7/30)
Mazda cargo net installed (9/20)
Mazda RX-8 wheels (10/6)
EBC RedStuff front brake pads - expected 10/20
Undecided on which tires to install next in 235/40zr18[/b]
WOW!!! I just noticed your Signature!! And you are concerned about wasting CYBERSPACE!!!??? You frickin' DATED EACH MOD!! If you can actually even call them "mods"!! HOLY CRAP! I admit, that's a first.

So, where do I start? Uhhh.....how 'bout here:

1. I'm gonna guess you are "military" from the never-before-heard phrase, "let God sort them out".
2. Headlamp film???
3. Turnsignal BULBS!! You actually listed and DATED your BULB INSTALL?? Wow! You didn't by chance make a web page with a "How To" on installing those magical bulbs did you??
4. "Center" mounted Boost gauge? Are you sure it's actually DEAD CENTER??
5. OMG!!! You have a CARGO NET???? WOW! So, what type of "cargo" do you transport??
6. FYI, 10/20/2006 has now come and gone. So either you need to update your Signature, or post a new "expected date" for your BRAKE PAD INSTALLATION. Seriously, I'm sure everyone on this forum is waiting in suspense to see exactly when you did in fact install your brake pads. I know I am! Do you have an expected date yet on when you might possibly GET A LIFE????
7. Would you like some help deciding on which tires? Okay, I'll help. Here's my suggestion: Personally, I would install the black, "rubbery" one's. Preferably, the one's with the hole in the center for the wheels. Then again, you might wanna check your owner's manual.

Believe me, I could go deeper with you, but I'll stop there for now. FWIW, I'm still in shock.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts