Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Unfortunates!
Hope I can get a little advice? Got a 2003 GG 5 door _ Just removed old master window switch (left rear had gone sloppy but still worked)
Fitted a new aftermarket one and noted the plug positions were different? Put it all back and found no windows do anything up or down!
but the interior lights come on !!!!!! I will re fit the old switch in the morning -maybe use a single toggle to replace the rear left that broke?
This was a deceased estate car and even at this age, has only 120 thou kilometres - looks like it has reached the age when little shit things
start to go wrong and or break! By the way this is RHD car- maybe I am trying to fit a switch for LHD - would they be different functions?
Any help would be welcome please ( so I can buy a Toyota! )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure if there is a difference between rhd and lhd master switches. Try resetting the battery/ecu and do the window reprogram from the main switch?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Someone on amazon also added that for an aftermarket switch they had to do all 3 other windows with their own switches prior to the new master switch working. I assume they would have different functions between lhd and rhd because the lhd switch has auto window down mode for the driver side window, not sure if this would make it not work at all though. If I were you I’d slap the old circuit board in the new switch and keep the new toggles/buttons and call it a day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions here is what happens- press any switch up or down and roof lamps come on and go off when you let go? Also the door open warning light is continuously on all doors checked and properly shut?-----
This kind of stuff happened previously-all lights and instruments wildly swung around in the dash and no start-- the dealership towed it to their shop and near a 1000 dollars later (alternator and new battery) Three years later,the exact thing repeated and I replaced the battery only (it was a 2yr cheapie) and fine again! If you own a Mazda, do not even think about going to a dealer- I bet my old alternator was resold! Some mornings the AT light stays on and it refuses to go forward- but thats another story! -

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if there is a difference between rhd and lhd master switches. Try resetting the battery/ecu and do the window reprogram from the main switch?
Difference is the toggle marked AUTO is on left switch for LHD and on right toggle for RHD logical I guess?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone on amazon also added that for an aftermarket switch they had to do all 3 other windows with their own switches prior to the new master switch working. I assume they would have different functions between lhd and rhd because the lhd switch has auto window down mode for the driver side window, not sure if this would make it not work at all though. If I were you I’d slap the old circuit board in the new switch and keep the new toggles/buttons and call it a day.
Looked at doing just that, pulled both new and old apart- different circuit board set up,which is why other sockets are slightly different places,to clear board components! I have been sent a switch different to what I ordered by part number- they are almost identical and not familiar with them I just fitted it! Turns out it is Ford Ranger/BT50 one I was fitting into my Mazda 6!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, cause on my 06 6, auto is on both fronts AND on the passenger door too.
Maybe in US you got to spell it out more? Mine is 2003 so well past its sell by date but I gotta have it working to sell it! Thanks for your comments anyway!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Fellow Unfortunates!
Hope I can get a little advice? Got a 2003 GG 5 door _ Just removed old master window switch (left rear had gone sloppy but still worked)
Fitted a new aftermarket one and noted the plug positions were different? Put it all back and found no windows do anything up or down!
but the interior lights come on !!!!!! I will re fit the old switch in the morning -maybe use a single toggle to replace the rear left that broke?
This was a deceased estate car and even at this age, has only 120 thou kilometres - looks like it has reached the age when little shit things
start to go wrong and or break! By the way this is RHD car- maybe I am trying to fit a switch for LHD - would they be different functions?
UPDATE Day 2- removed switch -dismantled old and new one- vastly different internally- Replaced original in car and found both 20 & 30 amp fuses had blown by fitting incorrect switch- Turns out supplier had sent Ford Ranger/Mazda BT50 part number- even though I had ordered correct number? Replaced Fuses and now have drivers window working -but not other three- Had battery off for half hour -did the reset but nothing - yes did each switch ----- Next step is to wait for correct NEW switch! - Any more suggestions are welcome! Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Fellow Unfortunates!
YES, THAT'S WHY PARTS FOR USA CARS DON'T WORK OR FIT FOR RHD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES, THAT'S WHY PARTS FOR USA CARS DON'T WORK OR FIT FOR RHD
Re read what was posted- it was not a lhd part it was one for Ford/Mazda pick up trucks -the part sent was not the one ordered, - I have since purchased one from a wreck,and all works again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
Mykelp
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing