Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have just had my CD changer changed in the front console and now my front left window will not go up or down, is there any suggestions, as i do not wont to have to give my car back to the garage again.
Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
You probably blew up a fuse or something while installing the changer. Did you do it yourself?

Your best bet would be to take your car to the dealership and have them look at it... I'm guessing it's still under warranty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is that the Garage is an 1hr drive away and do not have much time at mo, do you know where the fuse is that i can check?
I got the garage to sort out the CD changer because i just got the car of them with 3 months warrenty, so if it is a major problem then they can sort.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just pulled the window fuse out to check and it is ok put it back in and now the rear drivers side window will not work, aaahhhhh

·
Registered
402 Posts
umm... then I'd suggest you to take it to the dealership before something else happened... I hope there's no electrical work to be done to it... Cuz that MIGHT get a little pricey...

So, is the driver side window working? or are both of them not working? You might have a bad regulator or something... your best bet would be to take it to the dealership and have them check it out... weekend is almost here!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok started the car up this morning and all windows are working ok again, this can not be right.
Worried if i take back to the garage that they will just say nothing is wrong and hope the warrenty will just run out. Any suggestions could i take to Mazda dealer and they could do an electrical test?
No idea on the procedure?
Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Stuff like this normally happens when your fuse is blown or is gettin bad... I'd suggest you take it to the dealership, and just have them check it out... they can tell you much more than I can... I haven't worked on the 6 yet, so I don't know how it is in there... but do check the motor and "regulator"... one of those two things might be going bad... But yes, Mazda can definitely do some kind of electrical test to make sure nothing is burnt or no fuses have blown...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just spoke with Mazda and they told me that they can not check any thing unless it is actually not working, so looks like i might have to wait untill it brakes again to get it fixed. Hope it brakes before the warrenty runs out.
I might change the relay as that will only be a couple of pounds. Is the regulater something different from the relay? Sorry had a 3 series before so just getting used to the Mazda mechanics.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oh, did I put regulator?! lol... I sure did... twice! hehe
Yeah, if you want, you can just change the relays... and that SHOULD do it.
I hope it breaks if it is gonna before the warranty runs out... otherwise, small things like that can be a pain in the neck!

GOOD LUCK!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts