Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice this? I was driving home tonight and I had the window lock on. It controlled the drivers window without a problem, but when I tried to control the passenger and the other rear windows they wouldn't roll down unless I unlocked the windows? Does anyone else get this as well?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: Window Lock

Yea, my 4Runner did that too, it was pretty annoying. I am used to the window lock that only locks out everyone else, but the driver can still control all of the windows. No idea what good a window lock is that no one can operate. I guess this is considered another 'higher' luxury item, because most of the more expensive cars allow the driver to still operate the windows.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Applejax.. A window lock is there to lock everyone BUT the driver out.. Usually the driver should still have control over all widows no matter what setting the lock is at.

·
Registered
322 Posts

My dealer actually pointed this 'feautre' out ot me when I picked up the car. I guess the lock just cuts power to the other 3 windows rather than locks out the passenger control of them.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Blackbird...maybe the 6's over there don't have the window lock button. For us it's the square button on the drivers window control panel below all the other buttons. I think it has a white X on it.

My dealer didn't point out the 'feature' to me, I found out the hard way. And to think, I thought trading the 4Runner would get rid of that 'feature' :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Hmm have to check that one :D It would be nice as it would be a nice safty feature if you have small kids that press buttons alot :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

It's all down to how the windows are wired. It could easily be done either way, but to segragate the driver's window is a little more difficult and expensive.

Every car I've driven locks the windows from all controls. Not to say that every car out there operates the same way, but it's a common solution.

·
Registered
174 Posts

In my Toyota, the window lock locks out the driver as well. I find that to be convenient when I put a car flag in one of the rear windows, and it would be lost (and has been!) when I accidentally lower that window.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts