Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked thru all the posts on the 2006 Mazda6 and not sure if my issue has been addressed. The only window that works is the drivers. All others are in the up position. They do not work from the master switch or the individual doors switches. Is it possible this is a problem with resetting them. I just got the car but need windows. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2005 6s Grand Touring Wagon
74 Posts
Possibly they could be stuck. Mine do that on occasion.
Otherwise it's an electrical tracing operation. Turn your lights on and hit the switch and see if the lights dim, that would indicate power is getting to the motors and the motors are straining.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Only the switch that says "AUTO" illuminates. This may be ony one on the Mk1 and possibly both front on the Mk1.5 (facelift)
The passenger door on mine lit up, but not the rears. I just dont remember the rears on the drivers door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the rear door panel off and fed 12v to the window motor and it goes up and down so the motor and regulator are good. I have a new master switch arriving today so I will try this and see what happens. If it doesn't make a difference I have to start chasing wires. On the master switch panel, all the buttons have an led light in the center, whether they ever lit up is another question for another day. I will post my results.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Passenger front window only works from the door switch
Because you have to reset it from that switch first, then the driver switch will work.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Hmmm, PLEASE do tell how to RE SET windows, I got's the same problem on the '04 !
:rolleyes: Go to each switch, roll it down and hold the switch till you hear a barely audible click, and then close and do the same thing. Then you can go back to the drivers switches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts