Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and may know of a solution. This problem only happens on the drivers side front window, after washing my car or when it rains I'll roll down my window and when i roll it back up, the front 1/4 of the window is pretty wet on the INSIDE. This doesn't happen on any of my other windows. What could be causing this? The dealer tell me this is common and there's nothing they can do about it. I'm might try taking off the door panel this weekend to see if it's something obvious.

Btw, I've got an 09 GT.

·
Registered
777 Posts
No solution to offer but I can confirm that my 09 GT does the same thing... but both my front windows do this. After I roll them down and back up, it's usually OK then.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Doesn't this happen on most cars? There's like a little felt/rubber thing that keeps dirt and leaves out but it holds a little water and is hard to dry off completely.
It happened on my old '97 Cougar, moms '03 Mustang Mach1, and my brothers Hyundai Accent.

~Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
No solution here either but I have the same issue after washing my car. michaelsteinbach I've never experienced this on another car either, why should the felt on the inside be getting wet when the window is rolled up?

·
Registered
921 Posts
If the window felt on the outside is wet and you roll the window all the way down, the inside and outside felts may be close enough to transfer the water, which then gets on the inside window when rolled back up?

~Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and may know of a solution. This problem only happens on the drivers side front window, after washing my car or when it rains I'll roll down my window and when i roll it back up, the front 1/4 of the window is pretty wet on the INSIDE. This doesn't happen on any of my other windows. What could be causing this? The dealer tell me this is common and there's nothing they can do about it. I'm might try taking off the door panel this weekend to see if it's something obvious.

Btw, I've got an 09 GT.
Wow...I searched google for "window wet on inside after rolled down" and this is the FIRST link that comes up. Clearly it's an issue with Mazda because I have a Mazda 6 2010 and it does the EXACT same thing. Drivers side window only. This is only car I"ve had that does this.
All other windows on the car either don't get wet when rolled down, or if they do, its on the OUTSIDE.

Any suggestions or solutions yet to this? Its super annoying because now when I go back to my car, my window will be covered in dry spots and stuff.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts