Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber door trim located where the window rolls into the door that lays against the window is starting to crack and is chipping off. I was thinking about replacing it on all four doors. Just wanted to see if anybody here had replaced these and if so how do you remove the old ones to replace with the new.

Thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
The rubber door trim located where the window rolls into the door that lays against the window is starting to crack and is chipping off. I was thinking about replacing it on all four doors. Just wanted to see if anybody here had replaced these and if so how do you remove the old ones to replace with the new.

Thanks
I haven't done it yet but i have one that is bad, i asked the body shop and they said its not really that hard, the door panel has to come off, cause the rubber goes all the way down. Not sure if our door panels require a special tool to take them off.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Roll the window down and simply pull up on the outside of the rubber trim and it will pop right off. Might need an extra set of hands to hold the clips while removing though so they don't break off and fall into the door. New ones just pop into place. Beware though, they cost ~$40-$50 each unless you have hookupzzzzzzz. ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
will get mine changed tomorrow by a friend(bodyshop guy). He said this was something really easy. the part itself costed 40$ CAD at the dealership

1 - 5 of 5 Posts