Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected my battery about a week ago to install my carpc and my aux mod. Earlier today I tried to roll down my passenger window using the drivers control, and nothing happend. All other windows worked on the drivers control, but the passengers just doesn't work. I can roll it down using the passenger's control, but not the drivers. Also, neither of the auto roll down's work. Like if i click the control, it won't just go down on its own. I'm guessing this is just a programing thing that got erased when I disconnected the battery, but I've done this before in my other cars and never had a problem. Anyone have any idea's or know why?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I disconnected my battery about a week ago to install my carpc and my aux mod. Earlier today I tried to roll down my passenger window using the drivers control, and nothing happend. All other windows worked on the drivers control, but the passengers just doesn't work. I can roll it down using the passenger's control, but not the drivers. Also, neither of the auto roll down's work. Like if i click the control, it won't just go down on its own. I'm guessing this is just a programing thing that got erased when I disconnected the battery, but I've done this before in my other cars and never had a problem. Anyone have any idea's or know why?[/b]

yea when you disconnect the battery there is a feature that you have to reset. very simple dont worry about it. i had the same problem with my 2007 6i and i brought it into service cause i had no idea what happened. the service guy showed me this, and then i did it also myself after i disconnected the battery again another time.
heres what you have to do

use the drivers side window control to put the drivers side window all the way down, and hold the button down for about 5 seconds. then bring it all the way up right away and hold for about 5 seconds.
do the same thing on the passanger side using the passanger side control button. then you should notice it works again.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
yea when you disconnect the battery there is a feature that you have to reset. very simple dont worry about it. i had the same problem with my 2007 6i and i brought it into service cause i had no idea what happened. the service guy showed me this, and then i did it also myself after i disconnected the battery again another time.
heres what you have to do

use the drivers side window control to put the drivers side window all the way down, and hold the button down for about 5 seconds. then bring it all the way up right away and hold for about 5 seconds.
do the same thing on the passanger side using the passanger side control button. then you should notice it works again.[/b]
this is covered in detail in your owner's manual........you know, that big black book in your glovebox that you never take out. :search:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies....i was wondering how i managed to get my drivers side to work again but the passengers wasn't haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts