Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my windows tinted and was told to stay away from cleaners with ammonia. anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Just got my windows tinted and was told to stay away from cleaners with ammonia. anyone have any suggestions?
[/b]

Go to the auto store and buy a can of glass cleaner called "inviable glass"

It's tint safe and works freaking awesome, others on this forum will vouch for that as well.

Good luck and enjoy them clean windows! :p

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Go to the auto store and buy a can of glass cleaner called "inviable glass"

It's tint safe and works freaking awesome, others on this forum will vouch for that as well.

Good luck and enjoy them clean windows! :p
[/b]
Stoners Invisable Glass is awesome.

·
Registered
302 Posts
[/b]
Yep :thumbup: Even better if you use invisable glass and a crumpled up newspaper to clean the windows :)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
household cleaner (windex) isn't compatible with tinted windows.

Go with Stoners

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yep :thumbup: Even better if you use invisable glass and a crumpled up newspaper to clean the windows :)
[/b]
Don't use newpaper to clean the tinted side of a tinted window!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i like eagle 1 20/20.

target has the lowest price for invisible glass.

·
Registered
302 Posts
[/b]
Hmm, did not know that. Good thing too, because I'm getting mine tinted pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
ditto on the stoners invisible glass. no ammonia (won't fade or discolor tint) and no surficants (harsh detergents which create a hazy film on the glass). if not using crumpled newspaper, use a microfiber towel.

btw, you can also get this at wal-mart.

[/b]
why is that, ink transfer? i haven't had a problem....yet. :)

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,607 Posts
[/b]
+1

I even use it on my house windows when it's time for spring cleaning. I've even had a bird fly into one once, probably thinking the window was open. :)

Good stuff!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
ditto on the stoners invisible glass. no ammonia (won't fade or discolor tint) and no surficants (harsh detergents which create a hazy film on the glass). if not using crumpled newspaper, use a microfiber towel.

btw, you can also get this at wal-mart.
why is that, ink transfer? i haven't had a problem....yet. :)
[/b]
Very simple: newspaper can scratch the tint. Would you use it on your paint? The tint is tough, but it can still be damaged.

I'm not saying it WILL scratch the tint, at least not alwyas so it's easily noticed, but you are better off using a soft, lint-free cloth on window tinting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just went out at lunch time and purchased Mequires NXT based on Iluv2zmz's recommendation. I'll let you know how it works.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Very simple: newspaper can scratch the tint. Would you use it on your paint? The tint is tough, but it can still be damaged.

I'm not saying it WILL scratch the tint, at least not alwyas so it's easily noticed, but you are better off using a soft, lint-free cloth on window tinting.
[/b]

ah, i see your point; not worth risking it. i guess i just always make sure the paper is VERY crumpled so that it is almost like a rag. and i rarely use it, only when my microfiber towels are dirty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just use a microfiber towel and that is it will not warm the tint and does the best job.
[/b]
yup. in the past 5 years i had my saturn i never used anything on the inside windows. i would see using something if you have kids that dirty up stuff but thats about it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like **** n' Span Cinch. It's ammonia free and although not an "automotive" product, I've found that it just about never leaves streaks. Stoner's Invisibile Glass is a decent product, but it's expensive and there are better alternatives out there. I've even found Advanced Auto's brand glass cleaner better than the Stoner product.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
use a damp chamois...no need for products.The trick is to do it regularly do not let polymer fallout cloud the inside of your windows.
[/b]
This is actually my prefered method - a damp, NATURAL chamois, followed by a polish with a lint-free micrifiber cloth. Does a great job, IMO.
:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the cleaner suggestions. I need to go out a try them and stay away from the newspaper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts