Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I think this only applies to the Jap spec 6 where it doesn't come with auto window function. So I hope ppl from other part of the world may find this helpful.

I really want to have the feature that allows the car closing the windows by itself when I leave the car. so many times I found out on the way back to the car only realized the windows weren't closed either due to our passengers or ourself to blame for. So after finding out there is such device to get and install into our car, I was so excited to see if it works. :smile:

Also if anyone wants to get one, there are plenty on the Ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Add-On-Automati...oQQcmdZViewItem

So enough talking, now I just get into the points of installation .

Before you proceed with the installation, please make sure you disconnect the battery for the safety sake.

First of all, this is the instruction manual that comes with the box.

The main wires are the ones for the window's wind-up switch which there are 4 wires to hook up to one for each window. Their colours are:

RED - DRIVER'S UP
BLUE/WHITE - DRIVER REAR'S UP
GREEN/WHITE - PASSENGER'S UP
RED/GREEN - PASSENGER REAR'S UP

The sequence for the order of closing from the control box is :

ORANGE - BROWN - GRAY - GREEN.

So if you want the driver's window to close first then should connect the Orange/black to RED/the white socket end, orange/white to the motor end. And follow the same sequence with the next colour, in this case it is BROWN/black to the side ot the socket of the split wire and BROWN/WHITE to the other end that you cut the wire into. Then next is GREY and GREEN.

After this then it is the power and earth/negative wire.

RED/YELLOW - 12V SOURCE
BLACK/YELLOW - EARTH
ORANGE - ACCESSARY

With the power source there are two to connect from the control box. One RED from the P10 socket and the other RED from the P5 socket.

One BLACK from the P10 socket to the earth.

One WHITE from the P5 socket to the Accesary ORANGE wire from the car.

After this is done. There is only one more wire to connect which is the BLUE (positive trigger wire) from the controller box.

Ignore the ORANGE which says it is the positive trigger wire from the instruction diagram. But it actually the BLUE is, as I found out hooking the ORANGE will trigger the window closing as soon as you open the door to leave the car ...LOL....but I am not sure why the 3's instruction says it hooks up the Orange wire.

The trigger wire is the RED/BLUE wire from the door switch harness which you can see from this pic:

After all these wires are done. YOu can locate somewhere to mount the controller box within the door panel. I have mine mounted like this:

Now you can reinstall the door panel and start having fun with all the windows closed by ifself without worrying if you leave any windows opened as you are walking away from your car:smile:

Hope this info helps those of you who also are looking to install this little helpful gadget.

Any questions please don't hesitate asking on this thread.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hey, agree with the above poster... Shouldn't be an issue to close windows when you want them closed... its like, locking your car when you leave... or turning off the ignition...

All things you do when you park... Checking the window position should be one of them.... I think the biggest "mistake" and cool feature would be a moonroof auto-close option...

Granted, what I just said should mean that we all check moonroof before we get out... But, being my first car with a moonroof I do forget sometimes..... (LoL and don't tell me this is your first car with windows!)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha.... points are valid in someway.

As I said the windows weren't closed mostly not on my part, but probably due to the kids or whoever sit in the other part of the car, they mostly would get out and forget to close the windows back up. Now, how many times have you driven someone to somewhere, be it shopping or whatever, after everyone got out of the car, wouldn't it be a hassle to check all the windows before you leave the car parked? Or worse after going a round to check the car then find out one of the window wasn't closed, so you have to re-enter the car, with your key back in the ignition ( as the window winder only operate with key in ) and wind that particular window back up. Now this kit will eliminate all this and I just need to get out of the car together with others at the same time with the peace of mind that those un-closed windows will be looked after automaticly :)

But the point with leaving window open partially is very much valid. I do think it can be done as the kit rely on the signal of accessary power present, so window won't wind up when someone is in the car. Now if we wire a switch to supply this voltage to the accessary wire on the controller box, that will stop the auto function operating when we desire to leave the window partially opened.

But honestly my car won't let me parked with partially opened windows as the ultra wave sensor do pick up light breeze and trigger the alarm. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
This reminds me of the windows feature on German cars... the BMW, I know for a fact, has it so you can have any of the 4 windows and sunroof of the 3series auto open or close with just a tap.

In addition, I could open all four windows and the sunroof with the remote. and close all 5 things with the key in the door holding it in the lock position.

It was a great convenience feature to have. Especially so you wouldn't have to turn the car on after you got out if you forgot to close the moon roof. Or to start airing out the car on a hot day.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
why i h <3 my speed6 Can open the windows with the remote... and close them from the door handle outside =)

Be interesting to see someone do a price check on parts for the speed6 GT setup... see if it works in a normal 6... and how much.... Its a great setup... and for an extra 200.. you can add shock sensor, motion sensor... and tilt sensors =)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Question on this....I have a remstart alarm on my car and sometimes I remote start it get in roll down the windows then put the key in the ignition and step on the brake pedal. Now when I step on the brake pedal the alarm automatically locks the doors. When the alarm locks the doors will the windows go up? Or does it only work when the car is off.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I never read the manual for my 06 m6s cuz I thought I knew everthing since I had an 03 4cyl. Yah right. In the midst of me unlocking my car I held the button down (not sure why) like you have to do for the trunk to open it and all of a sudden my front windows came down. I spent 20 minutes trying to roll them back up with the remote entry and then locked the car again unlocked it and held it down and viola my windows came down again. I was amazed. Always nice to find something that was unexpected. Went home and read the manual. Go figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Spidy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing