Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Nope. CP-E shift kits are designed for the JA5A-EL trans of the 03-04 Mazda 6s ATX's.

What trans do I have?

I would think that you'd have greater luck with your 6 with Lentech valvebodies. Contact MrTea for details.
[/b]
He said he has the 2006...which means he has the JATCO tranny (5-Speed), not the 4-speed like MrTea has.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
He said he has the 2006...which means he has the JATCO tranny (5-Speed), not the 4-speed like MrTea has.
[/b]
BUt did they use the same tranny for the jdm Atenza's as they did for the NA 6's?

·
Registered
823 Posts
[/b]
I didn't think the newer 6i auto's were the Jatco. I knew they were a 5-spd, but thought it was a different model. If you follow the link Raynman posted, and you quoted, the 2006 6i 5-spd auto has a model number of FS5A-EL and the 2003/2004 6s 5-spd auto has a model number of JA5A-EL.

Since the Jatco model number starts with JA and the Aisin Warner model number starts with AW, I'm guessing the FS has something to do with the manufactorer. Not for certain, but it's just my thought.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
[/b]
Ok. I read too fast, and now I realize that he doesn't have the 4sp trans. So Tea's valvebodies will probably be a no go. However, I still maintain that he most likely does not have the JATCO trans.

I didn't think the newer 6i auto's were the Jatco. I knew they were a 5-spd, but thought it was a different model. If you follow the link Raynman posted, and you quoted, the 2006 6i 5-spd auto has a model number of FS5A-EL and the 2003/2004 6s 5-spd auto has a model number of JA5A-EL.
[/b]
Ding ding ding! Correct answer! Tell our contestant what he's won, Johnny!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts