Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this work or do i have to roll the fenders? I want to be sure it won't rub.

·
Registered
851 Posts
roll the fenders. i run 18x8 with a +45 offset stock height and it runs fine, but it will rub if it gets dropped any.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using stock tires.
I might as well drop it 2" if it will rub at 1" or 1.5" anyway.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
You "could" get a shop to fabricate some new wheel-well inserts out of sheet metal or something. Then you won't be limited in size at all. I thought about doing this at some point (maybe after my christmas bonus), and setting it up for some 17x9s with a set of 255s on em'. I'd be stuck to the road like Micheal Jackson on kids!

·
Registered
231 Posts
You "could" get a shop to fabricate some new wheel-well inserts out of sheet metal or something. Then you won't be limited in size at all. I thought about doing this at some point (maybe after my christmas bonus), and setting it up for some 17x9s with a set of 255s on em'. I'd be stuck to the road like Micheal Jackson on kids!
[/b]
Ive been wanting to run 17x9s too, but I dont want to replace the inserts. If the inserts arent an issue, will 245-255's rub anything else if the car is lowered 2" or so?

·
Registered
451 Posts
[/b]
can you explain in detail? cuz that sounds VERY enticing... i've never heard of wheel well inserts...

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I wouldn't put 215 tires on an 8 inch rim. 225 should be the minimum with 235 recommended. However, getting that to fit with 235 tires and a +42 offset wouldn't be easy.

Also, there's no way you'll get 9 inch wheels on the car with just some wheel well inserts. You'd need to flare the fenders or have a widebody kit installed.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
can you explain in detail? cuz that sounds VERY enticing... i've never heard of wheel well inserts...
[/b]
Get somebody to basically "tub" the wheel wells to a larger size. There would be a descent amount of fabrication involved, so it will cost money. You could have any size wheel you want.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
If you get wheels with the hub connection an inch or so to the inside, it'll make them stand a little wider, therefor the inside clearance is enough to clear the suspention. Wheels will stick out a little further, but I personally think that would look great and it would deffinately handle like a dream. Even more so if you do some member bracing and well basically all the suspension upgrades we can get for our cars at the moment. Combine that with somebody who knows how to drive, and the local auto-x will be dominated! No questions asked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts