1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
yes yes yes yes yes yes

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
So 18x8 ET 48 with 215/45 18 will rub in back if lowered? What about 18x7.5 ET 48 with 225/40 18 or 225/45 18? Rub if lowered? Need ET 50 to avoid rubbing on lowered cars (no fender rolling)?

·
Registered
261 Posts
So 18x8 ET 48 with 215/45 18 will rub in back if lowered? What about 18x7.5 ET 48 with 225/40 18 or 225/45 18? Rub if lowered? Need ET 50 to avoid rubbing on lowered cars (no fender rolling)?[/b]
lowering will not necessarily determine whether or not you will rub, it will likely just increase the frequency with which you rub. Your tire will still have the potential to travel the same distance. i.e. if you have the car full of people, you might still rub, or if you corner hard you might still rub, even if you haven't lowered the car. lowering just puts your starting point closer to rubbing.

that being said, I have 18x8 et 50 rims with stock tire size on my car and I have never had a rubbing issue. I would be willing to bet taht the addition 2 mm of offset will not make or break the tire rubbing, especially as people have mounted 225's on the same size rim without rubbing. that also being said, stock tire size on an 8" wide rim looks a little goofy as the tire is pulled a bit. 225 would look better, and I'm hoping to actually get 235's in there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lowering will not necessarily determine whether or not you will rub, it will likely just increase the frequency with which you rub. Your tire will still have the potential to travel the same distance. i.e. if you have the car full of people, you might still rub, or if you corner hard you might still rub, even if you haven't lowered the car. lowering just puts your starting point closer to rubbing.

that being said, I have 18x8 et 50 rims with stock tire size on my car and I have never had a rubbing issue. I would be willing to bet taht the addition 2 mm of offset will not make or break the tire rubbing, especially as people have mounted 225's on the same size rim without rubbing. that also being said, stock tire size on an 8" wide rim looks a little goofy as the tire is pulled a bit. 225 would look better, and I'm hoping to actually get 235's in there.[/b]
i am not going to lower my car, so i should not have any rubbing issues??
i have lowered my last two cars and it is not fun in the winter.
i just want to change the look of my car and not have to buy new tires (right away)
if i go with 18x8 i can use stock and then possibly go to something a little wider with out any worries right???

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What about 18x7.5 ET 48 with 225/40 18?

I have these in a +45 and they dont rub at all, even without fender rolling.

Isnt 18x8 with 215 a bit iffy? i didnt think a 215 should be on a 8 inch rim. could be wrong though

·
Registered
261 Posts
What about 18x7.5 ET 48 with 225/40 18?

I have these in a +45 and they dont rub at all, even without fender rolling.
Isnt 18x8 with 215 a bit iffy? i didnt think a 215 should be on a 8 inch rim. could be wrong though[/b]
if you look in the wheel and tire section sticky, it says that 215 is ok for an 8" wide rim. It's pretty much the narrowest you should go, but ok. It also says that the narrower tire on a wider rim will give a tighter feel because the tire can't flex much. I have them on my car, and they are fine. but like I said earlier, look just a little bit "pulled".

From my experience, you will be just fine with a 215 on those rims, and should more than likely be fine with a 225 also (without rolling).

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Ummm...What's the hub bore?[/b]
67.1mm.

MS6 stock wheels specs: 18x7 rim, ET55 (55mm offset), 5x114.3 bolt pattern, 67.1mm bore, ~23.5lbs weight.

Other wheel related stuff: 12x1.5mm wheel nuts with conical/tapered seats (60degree). Very common, same as Honda/Acura, Toyota, Ford, etc, but not same as Nissan or Subura, which are 12x1.25.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.