Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
This is about your 5+th post about wheels fitting or not. There is a whole section on this. If you would actually venture outside of the mazdaspeed section, you would know this. I don't know if you are too lazy to actually find the info that your looking for, or just too stupid, but do some research yourself!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Name calling is not necessary I thought that we were all here to help each other out.. I did a search and could not find what i wanted.. If you just want to name call and be nasty PLEASAE do NOT reply to my threads.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.. That is all I asked if that specific rim will fit and at least there is someone out there that was willing to help without being nasty. I appreciate it a lot! I am new to the rims and tires stuff and pardon me if I wanna make especially sure that something will work.. I am not about to go blow money because I searched wrong, thought I found the right answer and then when I get the item I am shit outta luck cuz my research was wrong... I thought they would fit but I like to double and sometimes yes triple check my ideas..... Like i have said before if you can not simply hlp a person ou then there is NO need for you to post on the thread. You may think you are the most wonderful all knowing person on this forum. And yes you may be but we can not all know everything like you.

Again Spooner thank you!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
[Dabears2k mode]

Heres the best link I've found: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=16108 the one stickied at the top of the wheels and tire section. The speeds wheels and tire fitment is no different that the non-speed 6. Keep the offset at least a +40 for 7", at least a +45" for a 7.5 and at least a +50 for 8". You're still going to have to roll the fenders as those are all the absolute limits as tested by members (generally speaking). Why couldn't you have looked up one of your 12 threads regarding this subject or a similar one for the answer?

I mean, its just ridiculious. No one is claiming to be "all knowing" because they know the flippin' offset and width of wheel the 6 can handle with and without a roll. It's common knowledge around this forum, and if you lack this common knowledge, it is READILY available in hundreds (12 of which are yours) of threads similar to yours. I can just see your posts upcoming this winter "What's a good tire to replace the OEM 18's with for summer?". Shortly followed by "Has anyone ever heard of Hankook Ventus Z212?", "Has anyone heard of Kumho Ectsa SPT's?", and finally "What size tire does the 18" Mazdaspeed wheel take?".

[/Dabears2k mode]

I'm never EVER like this about people posting, because after one or two posts they realize whats going on, but for as long as you've been here (or as many posts that you've accumulated in such a brief period of time), you'd think you would have caught on by now.

·
Registered
566 Posts
To be fair, I'm not 100% clear on what years of what other cars wheels might need the hubs machined to get the right inside diameter? Many sites don't seem to mention offset, hub size and weight as part of the equation.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
When dealing with the Speed 6, "does it fit" has two meanings, 1) does it rub/fit, and 2) will it clear the rotors. There are some 17" rims that do NOT fit because they don't clear the rotors. Each 17" rim needs a specific "does it fit" question.

btw, wheelsmaster.com won't allow you to pick a 17" rim for the Speed 6.

SpeedGal, looking at the rim size it "should" fit, but you will need the actual measurement for inside diameter and compare it to some of the 17" (stock 6) to determine if they will fit over the rotors.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks alot guys you have been more helpful than some others.. Like I said nevigating all this wheel and tire stuff is new to me I just like to be sure... I appreciate you help. If this car did not have such huge rotors I would not need the help...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts