Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at some PIAA's 18x7.5 with a 48mm offset running some Toyo Proxes4 225/40R18s and want to know for certain if they will not rub with my Tanabe (1.25") drop.

My thoughts are they most likely will not, but....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have ADR's 18X7.5 48MM with 225/40/18 Kumho Ecsta's, and the 1.25 Mazdaspeed drop and mine do not rub.
I do have a mild fender roll from my last setup tho......although others with this size setup have reported no rubbing also, but it's close

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is your car lowered? if so... what kinda springs?
[/b]
See above, Tanabe 1.25" drop

I have ADR's 18X7.5 48MM with 225/40/18 Kumho Ecsta's, and the 1.25 Mazdaspeed drop and mine do not rub.
I do have a mild fender roll from my last setup tho......although others with this size setup have reported no rubbing also, but it's close
[/b]
That's what I figuring, but not positive. Nice looking 6, BTW!

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's what I figuring, but not positive. Nice looking 6, BTW!
[/b]
Thanks! :)

When I said 'mild' roll, I meant the kind where u just use a baseball bat between the tire and lip and GENTLY bend it up slightly. It is easy to do yourself and gives lots of room for this setup. Bends the lip up at about a 45 dgree angle. Just be easy with it and do it it on a hot day and/or use a heat gun.
Use a wood bat too, not an aluminum one :D

Rick

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Just make sure to use a hair dryer to heat up the paint if you are going to use a baseball bat. I think you might be fine though with no roll

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ya what he said :D

I found the best way to check clearance is to put a jack under the rear control arm and jack the wheel up. It should compress the suspension enough where you can see if it will clear.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Shouldn't rub.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I say it is going to be EXTREMELY close and truly a crap shoot. toyoguy is indeed rolling on 18x7.5 +48 PIAA wheels w/ 225/40 tires but I don't believe he has lowered and I can't confirm whether or not he has rolled his fenders. Hopefully he will voice up here shortly?

Again, I really don't know. I formerly thought I was approaching guru level on these matters, but I have since been disuaded and knocked from my horse. Still, my thinking is that it will rub, and my reasoning is based off what I consider the logical interpretation of my own recent experiences. Keep in mind I am lowered via Eibach Pro-Kit.

You know I think you should roll just in case to be on the safe side :yesnod:!! I have a vested interest in this matter considering the last link in my current signature ;). We have hit the magic number 4 though (if you stay in) just in case you hadn't checked recently :D.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
toyoguy is indeed rolling on 18x7.5 +48 PIAA wheels w/ 225/40 tires but I don't believe he has lowered and I can't confirm whether or not he has rolled his fenders. Hopefully he will voice up here shortly?
[/b]
Yup, I have the same setup. I'm at stock height with no fenders rolled and it's never rubbed, even with a full load in the car. However, if you draw a straight line up from the outer edge of the tire to the fender lip, it looks like it will hit, so I really can't say for sure if the car is lowered that it will or won't rub. Does lowering it change the camber angle to more negative? That could make a difference. I guess the best thing would be to roll the fenders and not worry.

·
Registered
179 Posts
On a 17x7.5 48 offset 235/45 tire w/no rolling on stock springs I would rub on sweet high speed banked turns. (I love twisties). When I installed the mazdaspeed springs the rubbing got worse.

Now I'm on 225/45s w/well rolled fenders and I've not a had a rub to date that I'm aware of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
Buckeye6V6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing