Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, so how has your day been?

Well anyway, i think i'm treading on a sensitive topic here to begin with, so i think it'll be safe if i state my position. I am a huge fan of the Mazda6, and my car will be arriving at the end of March. I am really excited about the provision of the car, can hardly wait to experience what all you in the forum are telling me about!

One thing that concerns me is, will the whole hype of the car die? At the moment, at least in Australia anyway, the car is still in its early stages of its life, and there is only a small volume of 6s arriving in Australia. So really, us privledged 6 owners, current or potential, are an exclusive group of people who get to experience what this car offers. Currently, to me anyway, the car represents something that is a wholly fun, exciting, and absolute bang-for-your-buck package. The issue is, over time, when the over-demand for the car dies down, will the whole exclusiveness and the feeling of owning this exceptional vehicle die?
I look at the 626, and i'm afraid the Mazda6 will one day become a bland and boring vehicle like the vehicle it replaced.

I am trading in my '95 BMW318i in for the 6. Although the car is 7-8 years old, it is still mighty fun to drive. Even when i'm using it for practical purposes, the BMW holds 'pose' value, and presence. It is percieved to be a 'luxury' vehicle. On the contary, Mazda is still yet to be recognised as a premium car manufacturer (face it, its true); so i'm also worried that over time, when, or if the fun of the car dies, the 6 wont be exciting anymore.

Lets not let the 6 die, keep up the enthusiasm! Long live 6!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Will the hype die?

Honestly...I don't think you *ever* have to worry about the '6 becoming the 626...even if demand dies down, making another 626 would require taking away everything that they put into the '6 to change that image. The '6 is not the next gen 626, but the next gen Mazda sports sedan. Even if demand dies down, I believe I will still be very happy with my purchase.

Now will it ever hold its value and presence as well as a BMW? Only time will tell...but don't hold your breath...

·
Registered
334 Posts

Well japanese cars are produced as value for money and the 6 is definitly a nice car packed with nice goodies...

318i might be fun to drive but when u drive the 6 it is definitly more fun than 318i...

well ofcos the demand will die down as more copy cats comes out and try to dominate the market... i believe 6 has break through and created a new catagory ... sporty mid size car... The car has alot of potential and flexibility in the way that it's designed... it can be dress up as elegance or pure sports look depending how much u want to modify it ...

Ive always compare the 6 with the Lexus IS200 (Alteza); i find they share alot of similarities. IS200 is the break through of sporty sedan but the 6 somehow made it even better :)

·
Registered
526 Posts

Mazda brought back the zip in the affordable mid-sized market. Mid-sized sports sedans have existed for some time, but never at this price-point.

As they become more common and people get used to seeing them, they'll no doubt begin to fade into the background 'noise' if you will. Some other vehicle (of any type) will come along and draw attention.

Sure the hype will fall. It has to. But - the fact that it's a very good car won't change unless Mazda gets cheap. In it's current iteration, it'll never become a 626.

Accord 'hype' hasn't existed for a long time. And they sell like mad, 'cause in fact they ARE good cars. Even the redesign gave me a "another day another Accord" feeling. Yeah, it's nice, yeah it's a Honda, yeah it's another class leading contender. So what else is new? *yawn*.

I took the zip. Zoom Zoom.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

The hype might die a little when the RX-8 hits the showroom and starts getting out to the public more. However, most of those cars are already spoken for in most of the US. But.. I think the 6 will be in more peoples' price range when shopping for a car. Looking at the styling factor, power and extras for the price.. you cant go wrong!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Here's Chindo, whoring every which way! :D On topic, I don't imagine that hype will die down any time soon, unless other companies bring out new cars to go against the six. As long as the old school competition, Accord, etc, keep their old names, they'll keep that "family car" stigma. Even though the 6 is a family car, it's also a sports car. Mazda did the right thing by introducing a whole new car. If they had just re-vamped the 626, even if the car was identical to the new 6, it would be plagued by those old stereotypes. I don't think we have to worry about the 6 vanishing into the distance, I think we just have to worry about getting our 6s before someone else does!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

hahaha, very well said!

but hey, think of it this way, if we manage to keep up the hype, then over time, there'll be enough 6s for everybody!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Will the hype die?'

Well the hype may die for you guys soon, but I am one of the first 6 owners in Alaska. The hype has not yet begun:D
My dealer cut me a sweet deal because he wants me to show "people like me" what the 6 is all about and what it has to offer. I am an import tuner, from my civics to accords, eclipses to talon's, galant to max.. I have been waiting for this car! From the first look I saw in C&R I knew I would have one in my garage. I cannot even imagine yet the aftermarket support this car is going to receive, I can only speculate that it will be nothing less than outstanding.

Wes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts