Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these headers on e-bay and they are identical to the DRAXAS that are out of stock. The ones on e-Bay DO NOT say that are for the 2.3 but it does say they are for the 2.0. Has any one bought these and install them on their 6i? Thanks...
And will they work on my 2.3L??

this is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-6-Exh...sspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
FWIW, Scorpion6 (who also hangs out at 6Tech) bought the Draxxas 2.3 header's for his Puerto Rican (or Panamanian) Mazda 6 2.0, and they fit perfectly. But he *IS* a bit of a Monster Garage hack-it-all-together type who will do what it takes to make it work (don't tell him I said that!)

So the converse *should* be true.

You might want to bug him for more details :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW, Scorpion6 (who also hangs out at 6Tech) bought the Draxxas 2.3 header's for his Puerto Rican (or Panamanian) Mazda 6 2.0, and they fit perfectly. But he *IS* a bit of a Monster Garage hack-it-all-together type who will do what it takes to make it work (don't tell him I said that!)

So the converse *should* be true.

You might want to bug him for more details :)
[/b]

Cool, that would be sweet if it did, they are only asking 99 dollars for these headers. Thanks any ways. I will ask him...

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Like ashutoshsm said. Mazda 2.0 and 2.3 use the same manifold, same header. I am driving with the 2.3 header. Fit perfectly

Monster Garage, nice program :D :D :D

hehehe my 6 came from Japan, same than many european versions

Stock 2.0 Manifold

And here the Draxas 2.3 Header

Here installed in my 2.0

BTW the 2.3 Header fit perflectly in the 2.0 but not the 2.3 CAI. I had to make some cut in the pipe and adapt to my 2.0 :D :drive:

With this Header you cant use with the heatshields. Will be a nice idea to coated with ceramic to try reduce the high temperatures

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like ashutoshsm said. Mazda 2.0 and 2.3 use the same manifold, same header. I am driving with the 2.3 header. Fit perfectly

Monster Garage, nice program :D :D :D

hehehe my 6 came from Japan, same than many european versions

Stock 2.0 Manifold

And here the Draxas 2.3 Header

Here installed in my 2.0

BTW the 2.3 Header fit perflectly in the 2.0 but not the 2.3 CAI. I had to make some cut in the pipe and adapt to my 2.0 :D :drive:

With this Header you cant use with the heatshields. Will be a nice idea to coated with ceramic to try reduce the high temperatures
[/b]

I think I am going to try this if not I can always return it to the company. If it works, I will post a step by step . I'll post it later in this same post.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just found it under the ad. This will answer your question:
Q: The auction says that this item is for the 2.0L engine, but the Mazda 6 does not come with a 2.0L engine, it comes with a 2.3L, is that a typo or just an item error?
Sep-15-06
A: Sorry, for the confusion. It is for a 2.3L vehicle. We will change that. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for your inquiry. Please visit us on the web at www.ssautochrome.com & www.xs-power.com. SW

[/b]
case closed

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I dont see how the aftermaket header will net u any gains over that stock one :\

·
Registered
922 Posts
the aftermarket header with a custom mid pipe (from header base flange to, say, beginning of cat-back) will net gains... some have said more than 10whp... which is damn good for our little 4 bangers..

plus the aftermarket pipes are equal length... two inner runners are the same length and two outer runners are the same length... plus it doesn't say so in the measurements but i'm willing to bet the diameter of the aftermarket runners are wider than the stock runners...

·
Registered
475 Posts
if this works i may have to get one myself

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
That is actually wrong, Because the Mazda6 did come with a 2.0 engine. just not in the US.
[/b]
Also a 1.8 (120 hp)
2.0 (141 hp)

Stock Manifold

Draxas Header

·
Registered
922 Posts
are all the O2 senors in the midpipe? i might pick one of these up and make a custom midpipe.
[/b]
there's one north of the cat about 6 inches or so... and one that runs directly into the cat.... (atleast 05 model) the one north of the cat needs to stay... the one that goes into the cat you can either do away with if your going to a cat-less system or find someway to place it into a highflo cat setup...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I bet that 1.8 engine in the 6 ran slow as hell..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts