Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys look at the "Atenza 5th Anniversary Meet" thread and look at the first picture, it's a M6 wagon with a Speed6 front bumper. I was wondering if it is possible to just swap the bumpers, 6s to Speed6. How much of a modification would be needed to fit it? This topic was somewhat brought up in that thread but I didn't want to thread jack it by asking.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=76443&hl=

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hell everyone else was starting to thread jack so I tried to as well. If I hear anything I will let you know. That Wagon is unreal!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
im definitely interested in knowing too... that looks great!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I really can't see why you could need ANYTHING different. Same headlights, same fenders, same hood. Yeah, the hood has a bulge in it, but it does not flare all the way down to the grill, so everything should meet up just fine.

It's not THAT different of a car!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it will fit, but you will need the fenders and the hood also.[/b]
You do realize that you completely contradicted yourself right?

I asked if I can just swap the bumpers out. If I need to completely replace the front end then the bumper won't fit.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
yes it does fit, there is a kid with a 6i in my town this a speed6 bumper on it

·
Registered
57 Posts
It will but it's not a perfect fit, you have to make it fit. The guy with the 6 wagon that did the conversion has pics of this. The grill section is the problem, and there's no telling what else has to be done. Here's the thread I posted the info in. Hopefully it answers all your questions.

MS6 Conversion

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anybody know if you can direct swap the rear bumper. Or of any bumper that can hold dual tip exhausts since my stock 6s won’t.

·
Super Moderator
17,374 Posts
Does anybody know if you can direct swap the rear bumper. Or of any bumper that can hold dual tip exhausts since my stock 6s won’t.
Sorry, no direct swap for the speed 6 and, even if you could, it still wouldn't fit duel tip exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts