Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I'm new here...been reading up on these cars for quite a few months. I am still not completely sure on wheels. I am looking at possibly getting a White MS6 and if I was to get it, I would like to transfer the wheels from my Eclipse to the ms6. I have 18" Kong Risens...5x114.3 and they are 18x8 and either have a 42 or 45 offset. Would these wheels fit? I've been told that rolling the fenders is a pain, can cause damage, and isn't cheap to do. So i am trying to avoid that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Yeah those won't fit without a roll for sure. I have 18x7.5 +42 and they rubbed like crazy without a complete roll.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You will def need to roll the fender, but it really isn't that expensive, I believe if you want to rent the fender rolling tool, it's only around 50 dollars IIRC. Try setting a meet up for fender rolling, and try to cut the cost by spliting it between all the people that show up for the meet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have a Eibach Sportline drop on my '04 Mazda 6s and im running 19"x 8.5" rims and only had to roll the rear fenders...ohh and did it with a broomstick, quick ,easy and didnt chip the paint

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a Eibach Sportline drop on my '04 Mazda 6s and im running 19"x 8.5" rims and only had to roll the rear fenders...ohh and did it with a broomstick, quick ,easy and didnt chip the paint
[/b]
can you explain how exactly you did it with a broomstick?? I might try it myself if its not hard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
can you explain how exactly you did it with a broomstick?? I might try it myself if its not hard.
[/b]
ok first of all you rcar has to be low enough so the broomstick fights pretty snug between the tire and the fender... then have one of your friends get in the car and have them drive the car slowly forward, with the broomstick still between the tire and the fender the tire will pretty much grab the stick and roll the fender

#1: insert broomstick here
*note*
1.make sure the broomstick is aprox 15" long so you can grab it with ease but you dont want it too long so it hits the inside of the fender
2. when the stick is rolling make sure you dont have it completely horizontal or vertical, you kinda want it at a 45 degree angle upwards

#2: the broomstick will roll through here as you roll the car fwd and come out on the front end

and then VOILA....youre done 2 minutes max on each side. Hope these instructions where semi helpful

oh and the damage on the tire was before i rolled them, i didnt have anyone teach me how to do it so i rode with them for a while like that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok first of all you rcar has to be low enough so the broomstick fights pretty snug between the tire and the fender... then have one of your friends get in the car and have them drive the car slowly forward, with the broomstick still between the tire and the fender the tire will pretty much grab the stick and roll the fender

#1: insert broomstick here
*note*
1.make sure the broomstick is aprox 15" long so you can grab it with ease but you dont want it too long so it hits the inside of the fender
2. when the stick is rolling make sure you dont have it completely horizontal or vertical, you kinda want it at a 45 degree angle upwards

#2: the broomstick will roll through here as you roll the car fwd and come out on the front end

and then VOILA....youre done 2 minutes max on each side. Hope these instructions where semi helpful

oh and the damage on the tire was before i rolled them, i didnt have anyone teach me how to do it so i rode with them for a while like that
[/b]
dang thats pretty cool man. I'd be scraed to messed something up that way, but pretty neat idea. How much does body shops charge to roll fenders? Thanks for the how to.

·
Registered
909 Posts
My wheels are 18x8" with +50 offset and they rubbed (I heard it popping and saw the indents) just on the short drive from the wheel shop to the body shop. My body shop in town charged me a little less than $100 for both fenders. Wish I could have done it on my own, but I got scared :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts