Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking to replace a broken passenger side headlight assenbly, front bumper cover and fog light cover. I see a lot of parts on ebay that say mazda6 but say it fits mazdaspeed.

Is that true? are the parts basically the same?

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Some parts are interchangable between 1st gen 1.5 gen and speed 6 but not all are direct bolt on. If you post links or the items you are looking for we can point you in the right direction. Headlights are generally interchangable but not bumper cover and fog lights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I gotta TYC light to gut for my track car, it's OK.. There's also depo lights, both were OK, but had minor wiring issues..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2006 Mazdaspeed6... I read that the headlights will work, but the headlight angle adjuster will not..

JDW1 sending a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually... my lights work... just the housing is cracked and broken... even if I could buy a mazda 6 housing and switch the internals... it would save me a lot of money... is that possible?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Y dont u buy from the guy here? Its oem and hes a nice guy. Cheaper too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oldvet/markspd6.... so the mazda6 headlights are not an exact fit physically to the mazdaspeed6... you have to cut up the housing to make em fit? I dont want to do that..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
No the housings are the same, harness the same. You just get diff fogs.

The aftermarkets ones had wiring issues.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have an 05 mazda 6i will the turbo system from 06 mazdaspeed 6 fit my mazda????
Of course it can be made to fit....but... the to make it work are most likely going to make this cost prohibitive.
To accommodate this in the first place; Mazda changed many of the engine internals (pistons, cams, etc) as well as software changes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts