Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 6s ATX:
OK, my Racing Beat front springs will be in tomorrow. I went with Racing Beat because I wanted a minor drop in the front and these were the least I could find(drop 0.75"-1.00" from OEM). I checked a couple of shops around and they all are saying that I'll need to re-align the car. I'll do it if I have to, but will I have to?
HELP, I have an appointment to install Wed. AM and need some help...
Thanx...
JP

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
You probably should. Anytime you mess with your shocks/springs, you should always get an alignment.

On another note, did you bend your strut bar to make it fit?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
ewwwwwwww, your messing with the springrates on only one end of the car.

this is not well taken in the world of vehicle dynamics. you want more understeer, and uneven ride quality?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You should be ok with the RB's in the front for a little while but dont leave it like that.. Since the RB's are only a minor drop/spring rate increase. I had my Tein H Techs installed on the front of my car first had it like that for a couple days until i got to install my rear ones and it was perfectly fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You need to do an alignment after lowering the car, otherwise you will have toe problems as well as excessive negative camber, and it will chew through your tires in no time.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
My tires are fine, and that was quite some time ago. I believe stretch posted awhile back that he had his alignment checked after many full suspension changes and it was still well within tolerance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, Arch, you win, I cancelled the appointment for the front spring install today. I have a set of rears on the way. I'll have the car aligned also...
NO I AM NOT CHANGING SHOCKS, INSTALLING COILOVERS, OR GOING TO MAGLEV TECHNOLOGY... :D
I am spending entirely TOO MUCH MONEY ALREADY!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Why did you cancel the appointment? you shoulda just had them install it and then driven it home and installed the rears yourself its extremely easy and 2 people can do it np. why waste money and have them install all 4?

On the 6 u dont need a wheel allignment.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
^ From a cost standpoint, and from a convenience standpoint its cheaper to do the job once, rather than twice....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well here's the deal, I got a call this week and have to go down south next week to help my mom deal with some health isues(those fu**in pink ribbons annoyed me until this week), so I figured I'd have the install done while I'm down there (Mississppi is good for one thing only, cheaper labor).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
jtpmedic
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing