Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the cargo net that I never installed on my 6s will fit my new speed, and how much of a pain in the ass is install?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
It should fit. 4 mounting points.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It should fit. 4 mounting points.
[/b]

I bought one and it's a little short, had to use some long zip ties to mount it properly. Asked Malloy Mazda if they sent the correct part and they have not gotton back to me yet, I suspect they sent the wrong part.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought a cargo net for the Mazda 6 Sedan. It fits perfectly.

I also bought a cargo tray for the Mazda 6 Sedan. That doesn't fit very well. The standard 6 has the folding rear seats. The Speed 6 has a piece that blocks access to the seats. This piece gets in the way of the cargo tray.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i bought a cargo net; it's the same part number regardless of speed or regular 6. the cargo mats have a different parts number though.

my net fits great. install took about 10 minutes. you do need to drill out the four holes to accomodate the mount pins; no big deal.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Anyone know if the cargo net that I never installed on my 6s will fit my new speed, and how much of a pain in the ass is install?
[/b]
Yes... I bought one from parts and installed it myself. Instructions very easy to understand.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i bought a cargo net; it's the same part number regardless of speed or regular 6. the cargo mats have a different parts number though.

my net fits great. install took about 10 minutes. you do need to drill out the four holes to accomodate the mount pins; no big deal.
[/b]
So, there is drilling involved to fit the cargo net on the Speed6? I always cringe when it comes to drilling. How bad is it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
So, there is drilling involved to fit the cargo net on the Speed6? I always cringe when it comes to drilling. How bad is it?
[/b]
All you have to do is use the right bit size to expand the existing holes a bit. Really easy stuff.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Can someone post a pic of their OEM cargo net? I want to know how it looks like after installation :)
[/b]
Sure, here you go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. That looks a lot bigger than the generic one they sell at Pep Boys. Hmm, I might have to get one soon cuz I hear stuff rolling around when I turn hard and this car likes to turn hard hahaha

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it's worth the $28. i use it all the time; keeps my trash from flying around.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
here'e a pic of mine installed. the top two cleats are not connected. i still use it all the itme. great accessory.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
here'e a pic of mine installed. the top two cleats are not connected. i still use it all the itme. great accessory.

[/b]
Kicker Solobaric? Is that box ported? How does that sound? Where did you tap into?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've got a bunch of posts on this. i'll try to dig one up for you.

it's an 8" kicker solo baric s7 in a vented box. i grabbed the audio signal at the bose sub harness. it's great bang for the buck at this size.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
uh...what's the point of a cargo net?

·
Registered
493 Posts
uh...what's the point of a cargo net?
[/b]
For us commoners that don't have a butler to do our grocery shopping for us, it keeps the bags from sliding around. And it works well. In my last car (no net) I'd always be finding an apple or a bottle of steak sauce that had tried to make a run for it.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Mine came with one, but I'm also wondering what's the point unless the trunk is filled...unless I'm missing something.

Hell, I'll have to get used to just having a trunk...this is my first car with an actual trunk. ;)

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I don't have a butler...cuz I ain't the champ yet, but I ain't scared to face da champ believe dat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts