Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i dont have a picture of it or anything, but i have a few marks on my door handle that a lady gave me when she opened her door into mine..my question is that...will a paint pen work on this, like the one from the dealership? its not dented at all but its pretty obvious. I just dont want it to look like i touched it up...anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
649 Posts
hey, i dont have a picture of it or anything, but i have a few marks on my door handle that a lady gave me when she opened her door into mine..my question is that...will a paint pen work on this, like the one from the dealership? its not dented at all but its pretty obvious. I just dont want it to look like i touched it up...anyone have any ideas?
[/b]

I remember some talk about them from awhile ago and everyone seemed very pleased with how well they worked. I think Paintmatch.com or something may be able to help you out if you need the pen.

·
Registered
900 Posts
You have to be careful, just like any touchup. I still prefer using regular touchup paint with a toothpick, or small paper clip end. Patience and steadiness is key. Fill in the scratch a layer at a time, allowing time to dry in between, until the scratch is filled. You can always use some light compound/cleaner wax the next day and gently rub off any excess to make it flush.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You have to be careful, just like any touchup. I still prefer using regular touchup paint with a toothpick, or small paper clip end. Patience and steadiness is key. Fill in the scratch a layer at a time, allowing time to dry in between, until the scratch is filled. You can always use some light compound/cleaner wax the next day and gently rub off any excess to make it flush.
[/b]
i agree with this, be patient and take your time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not really a scratch...it kind of actually looks as though the paint pas rubbed off..in a few spots, and its not deep to the point that it needs to be filled in at all..but thanks anyway everyone!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I don't know how well this is going to work or last but, I have a glacier silver car and have found that sharpie makes a pen that is metallic silver which matches almost perfect. It doesn't fill the scratch but does make it "disappear".

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Go see a detailer who will polish it away like it was never there .....
I am skeptical about pens washing off after a while if adhesion was not proper when done

That's what i did , went to the dealer for polishing .... actually I'm going to have to go back for diff. ones done afterward by more arses opening their doors in mine and also scuffing their large ones against my baby ! :swearin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts