1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
it would be a different result if u raced p5freek. he would whip your ass for sure!!!!! stock even.

·
Registered
700 Posts
what were your times on the strip?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
LOL she had to have let you win.......the Ms6 is faster than that...

·
Registered
467 Posts
The title on the main page says this

Wife's Speed 6 vs my Ex...

I thought this was going to be your new wife using her Speed6 to run over your ex-wife.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well a couple of things.
1. It wasn't my wife driving it was someone else, that was with traction control on which I corrected later but car still wouldn't shift into 2nd for any passes.
2. My Excursion runs 14.5's on the street tune and 14.2's on the race tune. I am doing some mods to it soon and should be into the high 13's on my street tune.
3. If P5freek brought his car to AZ he'd lose around 3/4 of a second compared to his track, the altitude density here SUCKS.
Mike

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
so you're saying if you put your excursion in a flat state say north texas(so you don't have the horrid humidity) your excursion without any changes would be a 13.5?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Altitude Density has a huge impact on 1/4 mile times. Less so with turbo charged motors but yes.
If you run in Englishtown then come to Phoenix then Las Vegas and finally Denver there will be a huge difference in times for the same car.

Mike

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I am guessing that is a hopped up turbo diesel? Cuz I wouldnt think a typically SUV of that size could keep up with a 6 let alone a speed 6.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, check my sig - it's a power stroke diesel thus the black smoke on acceleration.
That was my slowest run of the night as I didn't get decent boost out of the hole. I ran 14.45 to 14.52 the rest of my runs.
Mike

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yes, check my sig - it's a power stroke diesel thus the black smoke on acceleration.
That was my slowest run of the night as I didn't get decent boost out of the hole. I ran 14.45 to 14.52 the rest of my runs.
Mike
[/b]
who cares ford sucks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow , im not surprised about the turbo diesel though, they can be fast with easy mods. My buddy has a 2001 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel 2500 / ATX . He runs 7.9 in the 1/8 mile with a 1.7 60ft, should easily do 12s in the 1/4 mile. Yes we all know the speed 6 can do better than that in the 1/4 and it wasnt a good launch but I give credit where its due , and to me the diesel is more impressive :)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
still a stinky louder than a fart hunk of metal on wheels.. usually racist rednecks drive those

·
Registered
506 Posts
Those are some good vids. I have an expatition and i get a lot of crap from people too. Then when the 5.4 V8 that is under the hood blows there ricer driven doors off (at the track) they say well thats what happens when you have twice as many cylinders as my car. My expadition runs in the 14s and that is it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts