Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
I wish I was brought here under better circumstances, but the car funds go to my ‘71 Datsun 510.
However, today I’m trying to figure out what happened to my wife’s 2017 6. Yesterday she parked it and some lights flashed on the instrument cluster and it beeped several times. Now the key fob won’t lock/unlock the doors and the car won’t start. The gear selector won’t go out of park and the parking brake won’t disengage.
I tried jumping the battery.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Rally Racer
2,282 Posts
Hey there,
I wish I was brought here under better circumstances, but the car funds go to my ‘71 Datsun 510.
However, today I’m trying to figure out what happened to my wife’s 2017 6. Yesterday she parked it and some lights flashed on the instrument cluster and it beeped several times. Now the key fob won’t lock/unlock the doors and the car won’t start. The gear selector won’t go out of park and the parking brake won’t disengage.
I tried jumping the battery.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
It sounds like the security system has been activated.
I wonder if a battery disconnect (several min) and reconnect may be worth a try.
Others likely have more info here.

·
Registered
989 Posts
It sounds like the security system has been activated.
I wonder if a battery disconnect (several min) and reconnect may be worth a try.
Others likely have more info here.
Most probably you are correct.

When my friend and I were installing the cameras, the security system was activated. The car was honking continuously. I tried to use the unlock function of the key FOB. I also tried to open the door by pressing the button on the door.

Finally after pressing the buttons a couple of times, it stopped and I was able to start the car.

You can try that one before disconnecting the battery. i-Stop might not work for a while of you do that. However, there's a relearning procedure for it. Let us know and I'll look for it if ever you need it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts