Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - perhaps one of you is a elektronican ?

Here you can find the Diagramm for the Audio-Remote-Controll on the Steering-Wheel of the Mazda6.

http://www.agm.de/M6/splanL.jpg

I like to use this Buttons to remote my MP3 player does anyone have a idea to convert
this signal into 5 I/O Signals with wich i can connect to my MP3 Player....

BY BY

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: Wiering-Diagramm of Steering-Wheel Audio Remote Controll

GTRDRIVER....it would probably be a little more helpful in English, but the fact is, the circuit you want to build is pretty simple, however you need to get the diagram for the MP3-Player as well. Basically you will need to know the current/voltage levels on the MP3 player that match the function you wish to achieve. For Example Vol+ = 1.2 V ~30mA. Vol- = 1.2V ~10mA. IF vol+ THEN ~30mA. IF vol- THEN ~10mA. You will need to build a TTL circuit which will match the THEN statement to the required mA output. Or if you want to get really fancy you can build a digital logic TTL circuit which will use relational functions to determine lead output.

Basically, until you know the relational inputs for the MP3 player, you are dead in the water.

Personally I would just reach down and adjust the volume button.:)

·
Registered
791 Posts

I think they're wired as five seperate switches- there's no combination logic to combine the inputs into a single wire.

I *think*.

·
Registered
75 Posts

i have seen, in a magazine, here in australia a device that connect to the wiring of the steering wheel and converts the signal output from the buttons, in to infra red signals. comes supplied with infra red transmitter that when placed right will control decks that have remotes. this is full adjustable to what ever freq your deck uses.

just thought it might help.

may be looking to do something with this as my wife likes the steering controls yet i'm looking at a whole new sound system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

do you have a URL or a contact adress ?

·
Registered
75 Posts

It took about an hour to flick back through some old mag's, but I found it.

"Hot 4's" Sept. 2002.

The device is called "PESWIX".
The only contact details are an Australian ph # (03) 9841 5899, some refference to a company called "Peripheral Electronics", and that it is available from your nearest "Stinger Car Audio dealer.

This device will control up to 12 functions.

I hope this helps. If not, then contact me back and I'll see what else I can find.

p.s. What GTR do you drive?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts