Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may be hard to describe, but it happens at low speeds...it seems my steering wheel shifts a bit, almost like it is out of place, a click sound kind of, and when i turn the wheel it kind of does this as well, then when i accelerate it clicks on the pedal..like its out of place..these things just seem like something is loose and needs to be tighten or something...not sure if my back brakes have any thing to with it since they need to be changed bad.....any one can relate to click/out of place sounds coming from turning, accelerating and sometimes braking as well?

·
Registered
599 Posts
this may be hard to describe, but it happens at low speeds...it seems my steering wheel shifts a bit, almost like it is out of place, a click sound kind of, and when i turn the wheel it kind of does this as well, then when i accelerate it clicks on the pedal..like its out of place..these things just seem like something is loose and needs to be tighten or something...not sure if my back brakes have any thing to with it since they need to be changed bad.....any one can relate to click/out of place sounds coming from turning, accelerating and sometimes braking as well?
[/b]

Well... the steering thing I can vouch for. This happened to me. The dealer pulled the column apart and re lubricated everything and it went away. The pedal thing never happened to me though....

I think there is a steering column TSB out too... not sure.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Check this out:
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about983.html

I was told this was done to my car, but I've still got it.

I've had the problem forever. I hate this car because of it. Feels like the front suspension is not attached. I've asked this question and never got an answer:

Will aftermarket springs eliminate this issue?
[/b]
I have read somewhere on this site that the lowering springs some dood put on his car stopped that suspension issue.

the issue I had was a feeling in the steering wheel. It felt like the steering wheel would move forward and back in your hand. Strange really... but the steering column thing fixed it....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Check this out:
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about983.html

I was told this was done to my car, but I've still got it.

I've had the problem forever. I hate this car because of it. Feels like the front suspension is not attached. I've asked this question and never got an answer:

Will aftermarket springs eliminate this issue?
[/b]
that sucks... its a pretty awesome car. Take it to a dealership or local shop you'll probably get an immediate answer.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Heres the deal

There seem to be 2 seperate problems causing similar or the same symptoms.

First
Spring Insulators. Something about when the springs shift when you steer the car, the rub on themselves or the spring mounts and creat a popping feeling in the steering. Bigger spring insulators is what a TSB calls for, but since the springs are replaced when lowing the car, I can see where this may also solve the problem. Ive had the TSB performed twice with no luck, therefore in my car, chaging springs would not have fixed it.

Second
Steering Column. Apparently the lube in it dries up. I havn't had it relubed/replaced yet, but I am hoping it will fix it. As far as I know there is no TSB for this one yet, but there was supposedly one in the works.

I can feel the "play" in the steering wheel AND pedals also. I think its due to the fact that the steering column and the pedals bolt to the car on the firewall fairly close to eachother. The popping is transfered from the steering throught the firewall and to the pedals.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Second
Steering Column. Apparently the lube in it dries up. I havn't had it relubed/replaced yet, but I am hoping it will fix it. As far as I know there is no TSB for this one yet, but there was supposedly one in the works.

[/b]
Correct! This fixed mine... so it isn't a fallacy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah its not really a suspesion thing with my car, more from the steering wheel and pedals....How much does it cost for them to lube it up and check it all out....my car is over 50 thousand miles now..

·
Registered
863 Posts
Youll have to ask. for those who had it done within 50,000 miles, the invoice most likely had the cost at $0.00. Mine will be within the warranty even though i am over 50,000 miles because i filed a complaint on it long before and they havnt been able to fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
itbeanew1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing