Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see its slated as Winter 2006 now. I know you have a lot on your plate for the speed6, but I just want a little validation is all. :)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was talking to Anthony about it when I bought by tuneable MAF box. I know it'll be a plug and play into their system, but I am also hoping it will be useable with other systems, as eventually I'd like to go for the full standalone ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
So I see its slated as Winter 2006 now. I know you have a lot on your plate for the speed6, but I just want a little validation is all. :)
[/b]

I talked to Lou, IIRC, about this awhiiiiiiile back. They've got some DAMN innovative ideas for the wideband he was talking about.

I've been wanting to invest in a wideband for over a year now and I put it on the backburner to wait on CP-E's "revolution"! :dmetal:
[/b]

Lou is a maniac. I'm fairly new to the company and I'm still learning about everyone here. But Lou never ceases to blow me away when it comes to electronics. The guy is really gifted and very friendly, which seems to be a rarity these days.

It's frustrating talking to people with widebands who claim to be very happy with their unit. When I ask how they verified the acuracy of their unit, I usually get a blank stare or some smart remark. Seeing that we have a five gas analyzer here in house, we've tested all the popular widebands and can truly attest to how accurate the different brands are. I was totally ignorant as to how important the control units for the sensors were. There has been talk of doing a comparison test (closer to the release date) by covering the labels of the competitors sensors and comparing them to our unit to show people the difference.

Now, I wasn't with CPE when they did the original testing, but according to them, most of the units were off by a large margin, with the CPE unit being the most accurate (and precise). So, folks who think they're doing the right thing by tuning with a WBO2 may be running on the ragged egde and think everything's cool.

We just can't get the darn thing developed and out the door fast enough. Hang with us guys!

·
Registered
886 Posts
So who's keeping up with the forums, etc now? I've talked to Josh, as has most everyone on this forum, and Lou. Also Anthony.

So who's the new addition... aka, you? What's your name. Alot of us on these forums are on a name to name basis w/ CP-E.
[/b]

The CPE guys have needed more manpower for a long time, but they don't have a whole lot of money to throw around. I was looking for a mechanical engineering internship last spring, as several internships are required in order to graduate from the school I was attending. After some searching, I was recommended to CPE by a mutual friend. I've worked in machine shops and have experience working with high performance vehicles, so CPE seemed like a great fit, and it has been so far. I've been here sort of as a helping hand doing a little bit of everything, really anything to help these guys get this business moving!! One thing they've really wanted to do but haven't had the time is to have more of a presence on the forums. Since a lot of times I'm just running CNC's, I can get on the forums and answer questions in my idle time so Josh and Anthony don't have to. Now they can concentrate solely on product development.

Anyway, my name is Jordan, and hopefully I'll be around for a while. So far I'm enjoying the job, and it seems a vast majority of the people on the forums are pretty damn cool too. :)

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Congrats. Welcome. Glad that there are an extra set of hands around the shop :)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Awesome, new asset to the CP-E team.

And yeah man, on this forum, we have a respect for CP-E. They took a chance with the Mazda 6, and thanks to their hard work and dedication, we've reaped many benefits!

They've needed the extra help forever. So yeah, welcome to the forums man! YOU are now an addition to our insight of the complex minds that is CP-E ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hah, you guys are awesome. :yesnod:

Hang with us for a few more weeks and we'll start trickling out more info on our upcoming products. I think you guys will be very pleased.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Welcome Jordan, I know the guys there pretty well, glad you are a part of the team. Now, you guys just need a marketing and sales team to get those great products out to the masses!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Jordan, glad CP-E has someone new to help out! I like having a more consistant presence from CP-E on here too ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts