Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: 'Wicked 6' Australian Mazda 6

so, stevesteve etc. show me what you consider "STYLE" by showing me what you've done to your Mazda 6. I bet it's stock standard with tacky 5 star rims or rims that every other loser has!!!

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: 'Wicked 6' Australian Mazda 6

Holy crap... I didn't expect anyone would ever put a wing like that on a 6.

Dude... think about what you're doing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

dude, it's done! The wing is on for good! Unless I put my aluminium GT touring wing on it!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

skeurton, buy the mesh as a sheet from your local car parts place/sheet metal stockist, and either mould the mesh around the inserts (like I did, so it has a curved edge) or put it behind the cut out of the grill (easier)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Reading Topic: 'Wicked 6' Australian Mazda 6

Mazda6sam, how much did you pay your kid to do the "thumbs up" on your Cardomain site, when, OH MY GOD!, it looks standard, straight from the showroom floor (except for the aluminium foil foot pedals!!)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

jeffpqld
yeh actually my gorgeous car is stock, except for paint protection, rust protection and interior protection. When i actually do my mods im gunna put a fair bit of time, money and style into it.

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY STOCK AS A ROCK BEAUTIFUL MAZDA 6 :)

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...?page_id=383450

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

well, until that day you modify your excellent lookin' car (HA!), sorry, your quote "BEAUTIFUL", keep ya lame ass opinions to yaself.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

Absolut I'm sorry.. but i hate the wing and I cant stress enough NOT to put that hood on that car. Just my $0.02. ChoppaBoy my sentiments exactly... not really feelin the rims either mazda6sam dude....that car is ruined. Take all that stuff off - base model looks better. PneumaticI hope ppl dont see that car and group it with all 6's... I'm going to pray for the owner of that car that he/she may lay off the drugs...joboy77 The rest well... to each his own I guess. Please don't put that scoop on the hood. 84FordMan Dear... God...liquid blue but how does adding a wing and bling bling rims make you different from the other cars that are "riced out?"Hmm anyone got any chop stix? Lol Im not gonna put the poor guy down, hes free to do what he wants with his car. BUT.. ****, like others said do it with style TNM6i It's your car and you can do whatever makes you happy, but for me those mods are examples of things I will never do to my car. ChoppaBoy im always for people making their car unique, but its all about being tasteful bro. i think your car would look 10x better without that wing, it totally ruins the appearance of the car please reconsider the spoiler.

Sorry jeff, but have you read what every other person other than me has said about some mods on your car? y the fuc should i keep my opinions to myself, noone else is.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

so i guess you absolutely hate KUNINGs' also stevesteve

·
Registered
81 Posts
Replying to Topic ''Wicked 6' Australian Mazda 6'

Originally posted by jeffpqld

well, until that day you modify your excellent lookin' car (HA!), sorry, your quote "BEAUTIFUL", keep ya lame ass opinions to yaself.[/b]
Let me get this right, you post and brag about your car to a public website, yet when someone (well, actually everyone) disagrees with your sense of "style", you then tell them to keep their opinions to themselves??????? OK...........

IMO, I concur with everyone who has posted so far, the wing has to go.... The sleek shape of the 6 is totally ruined by that wing, and that planned hood scoop, well, that looks as good as it is functional.....

...but hey, if that's the look you want to go for, more power to you, just don't forget to put on your Type-R emblem, that adds at least another 50-60 HP.......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

funny haha, i'm a dumbass, what's a type r emblem?!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

Originally posted by jeffpqld

so i guess you absolutely hate KUNINGs' also stevesteve[/b]
Pls don't drag me n my car to this mess.

To make things fairer, let's put it this way:

People have their own set of mind. If you think ur car is nice,well yeah...go for it..u did the mods to satisfy urself didn't u? not to please someone else.

But in society, people might disagree with what u've done. And since we live in a free country, there's always "Freedom of speech" but still there are limits to it. Like, u can mock John Howard as u please and he still do what he wants/think. But burning the Australian flag is a big NO NO.

The same thing applies to this forum. People are free to do comments (that's why its called a forum) either bad/good. Besides, u can't expect everybody to give u thumbs up for everything u've done (face it, life's unfair). Even some people in this forum dunt even like the spinners' on my 6. Some say the bodykit's fruggly n blah blah. I can't mock them back n say 'yeahh..ur car's even stock standard' or 'u r just jealous becoz ive got $$ to mods the 6'. Remember, this is not a forum to make the 6 wins a carshow competition or anything. This forum's made for ppl to help each other, share problems,etc2x and most imporantly, dedicated for those who luv the 6 . Another example is this, u go to Autosalon and saw this heavily moded civic, but hey, there are heaps on the road which are stock standard and they like to talk bout how the car handles, how to make the car's more enjoyable blah blah blah yada yada yada..

If you ask for my comment bout the car, i'll most probly say "nice mods"
coz for me, there's always mods point of view and my personal view.
From a modfication point of view, i'd say yeah, nice mods, good effort! since i realized it needs hard yakka to make ur car up to this point.
But from my personal point of view, i would disagree with your mods because i'm more of a japanese style modifications (very low ride,chamber wheels,gt wings,big chunky exhausts,etc2x). I never like bling bling stuff. But hey, my girlfriends like bling2x wheels so much, they said chrome wheels are somewhat attractive n kewl.

Well..still got heaps to share but i'll stop yackin and see how ppl think about this.

For other, pls..make hay not war

Yans

·
Registered
199 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Reading Topic: 'Wicked 6' Australian Mazda 6

Jeff,

I can appreciate the time and effort that you put into your mods. Personaly I would of choosen a different set of rims, never put the hood or wing on, and the blue dash would of never even been a thought. Other then that, it looks great! lol... Basicaly, nice audio system.... The rest makes me wanna throw up....

Before you try and tear into me, yes, my car is pretty much stock. A few things here and there, but I have yet to smoke enough crack to do any of the stuff you're trying to pull off.....

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Readi

Nice, response Kuning :) (And by the way... although I wouldn't do the stuff you did to your car to my own, I don't find them distastful either, Kuning)

Edit:
Er, wait... cept for the spinners... those are distasteful :p

·
Registered
93 Posts

KUNING-6, I know you said not to bring your car into this, but I think your car is friggin awesome.

Really friggin awesome. :thumbup

I can't even begin to comprehend how he can compare his car to yours.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

I'm not comparing my car to Kunings' car, good on him for having the dough to buy the body kit, god knows I'd buy the body kit if I had the money.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts

Following an artistic critque pattern...

I like the lower mesh on the Silver 6's. It blends in quite nicely and creates a interesting look.

Can't say I'm a super fan of the rims, but thats something that varys greatly from car to car. Some like 5 spoke, some 6, some double spoked, larger, forged, spinning, chrome, silver, black etc etc.

I'm REALLY like to see some wide angle shots of the car at a distance, from the 3/4 perspectives to get an idea about how the whole car looks. Most of your shots are close up, and its extremely hard to see how the entire package is working. Maybe if you posted some shots of the car as a whole, you'd get better comments, and probably some positive ones as well.

As for the spoiler....I have to say I greatly dislike it. Looks like the standard grade spoiler you seen thrown on some civic's or 4-bangers. (IMO).

I'd also give a double thumbs down to any scoops/vents unless they were actually functional. I'm minimalist designer (less = more) and would disagree with "fake" scoops that had little or no functionality.

If you actually cut vents in the hood and allowed for some airflow, then I'd consider at least giving them a chance.

But just plastic add on pieces...gah.

Please post some wider angle photos of your ride. Make sure to wash/wax it before taking the photos so its at its best.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Originally posted by crossbow

I'd also give a double thumbs down to any scoops/vents unless they were actually functional.  I'm minimalist designer (less = more) and would disagree with "fake" scoops that had little or no functionality.

If you actually cut vents in the hood and allowed for some airflow, then I'd consider at least giving them a chance.[/b]
Even at that, where Subaru places it, what good would it do to the 6? Cool down the firewall? It would actually impede performance as I see it, instead of air flowing over the car, it is now ramming and damming itself into that little scoop right by the firewall. Sort of like having a tailgate up on a truck.

"Your car may have 390 HP stock, but my car has a 4:1 rice to horsepower ratio!"

·
Registered
11,748 Posts

I said "If they were functional...I'd consider at least giving them a chance"

I'm still not hot on the idea, but as you know, our engine has massive heat soak problems, if a functional method could be found to better flow air in and around the engine compartment (and back out again, wheel well slits?) to reduce this, I'd be willing to at least listen to a debate.

If he's just going to slap on some fake plastic scoops...then I wouldn't even want to even be associated with such a vehicle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Yes, I would be cutting holes into the bonnet for air flow (where to put them, is what I'd have to work out, so as to cool the engine etc.). That's what I did for my Hyundai Excel (yeah, go on, have a go at me for that too!!). As for wide angle photos, they will come soon

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
22 Participants
ATL
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing