Mazda 6 Forums banner

Why We Love the Atenza?

• Appearance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That engine (sound, rev-iness .etc)

• Handling (grip, braking, turning .etc)

• Performance (as in accelerating, and drivability)

• Features (interior mainly)

• Build Quality

• Practicality

• Others i haveve missed out on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, how are you?

we're going to buy an Atenza soon, and i know its a lovely car and everybody writes rave reviews about it, but i want to know exactly what the people love about the car, so i've decided to conduct a poll.

I'll think of as many specific aspects as possible to vote on. sorry if i miss out on any!

thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Why We Love the Atenza?

I vote i) All of the Above and More

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Why We Love the Atenza?'

I was 99% sure that I was going to buy a car this year. I just didn't know which one before the M6 came out. The ones that were affordable didn't quite strike me us much as I would have wanted to. The ones that I liked were too expensive. Fortunately Mazda launched this great car and made the decision easy for me. So I guess it's around 65-70% due to the looks of the car and the rest due to the handling, drivetrain etc. (you all know what I mean). :)

The full package is what's making this car so special. So it's hard to vote for just one point. It's the design for me 'cause I'm taking things like handling for granted for a modern car.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Very sad so far that so many stylemeisters and fashion slaves are attracted to 6 for that as numero uno choice. Yeah she looks great but to me that is only a bonus, albeit a huge one in the grin factor stakes

6 HANDLING is so far above class standards and refinement like that should NEVER be taken for granted. The less obvious engineering in this car just continues to amaze me, the more I drive it the more I am in awe of her ability at such an affordable price.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I think design and.. as boring as is may sound, value is the things that make me like the 6. There are other cars out there that drives as well as the 6 (3-series, Mondeo, S60 ect) - but only Mazda does it at that price point. It does what really only the Mondeo has done before - deliver a fun to drive car in the same price range as the normal boring cars. Couse making a car fun is not about money and stuff, it's about settings. Settings don't cost money.

All in all. I'm impressed that thay squeezed all that eqipment, handling and power in that tiny price. On the Swedish market there is actually nothing like this. Exept for the Octavia RS maybe, but that is a smaller car that looks odd :)

·
Registered
212 Posts

Well, I voted "handling" but really, like others have already said, it's about the whole package. For this price, you cannot get a car that's more fun, looks so good, has more features, is more comfortable and practical and performs this well. At least not in U.S.

In Europe, the Mondeo is a comparable car IMO, as is the Octavia RS. I'm from Czech Republic and so I'm a bit partial to Skodas but the 6 has everyone beat :) Not that it matters much living in the U.S. - we mostly get boring, wallowy, generic versions of 4-door sedan models here.

The 6 changes everything.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Appearance, with handling as a close second. If the car looked like an Altima it wouldn't matter how it handled, I still wouldn't have it ;-)

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Why W

Yeah well, I guess I have a unique skill - not noticing that threads have been dead for 3 months ;-)

That or I am way too bored at work. You choose :)

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

I usually called it bumping. We have almost doubled the number of members we had several months ago and not many have seen these. In that case, its an acceptable practice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts