Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years of production in North America for the speed 6 ?

I heard tell that the speed 6 is/was their flagship model and all.

I have my own thoughts, but wondering what others think.

·
Registered
246 Posts
They didn't market it well enough which led to low sales. Which incidentally, led to some decent rebates, and me picking one up lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally it was supposed to only be one year (2006) and limited to a run of 5,000 units. That was changed to two years and many more units. Even so, it really never sold all that well for whatever reasons.

All of the Mazdaspeed series were only done for a year or two. The MS3 so far has been done the longest (4 years now?). Maybe they will do another version of the MS6 after the MSRX7/8. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
a district manager who i was talking to the other day told me there is in fact another speed6 in the works. should be coming out in 2 years give or take. if this is true i'm super excited to see how it turns out

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
a district manager who i was talking to the other day told me there is in fact another speed6 in the works. should be coming out in 2 years give or take. if this is true i'm super excited to see how it turns out
If I had a dollar for every time I heard untrue rumors from dealership and district people I'd have enough to own a GT-R outright.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
If I had a dollar for every time I heard untrue rumors from dealership and district people I'd have enough to own a GT-R outright.
LOL! Yep, but the new Ford Ecoboost V6 would make a good base powerplant for a Speed6....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It had too much wheel gap.

ps. I dont think the new speed3 is going to last long either.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
LOL! Yep, but the new Ford Ecoboost V6 would make a good base powerplant for a Speed6....

wouldn't that be fun

Since my Z32 days I've felt there was something purty about the phrase "Twin-Turbo"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts