Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crazy catback from ractive that was given to me as a gift. I dont know if they even sell it... all I know is mine was the first of its kind, saw them making it. Basically I was called by the mazda dealership and they asked if I wanted to lend my car for a day to be studied and measured. I said sure, so I met up with this guy named Johnathan Wylde, hes the president of Toucan Industries.. Ractive. He basically bought a 2004 Mazda 6 I4 complete basic... like the cheapest u can buy... which didnt make a difference... since mazda sold it to him for 1 dollar... it was basically donated by mazda... anyways

Why did he ask for my car if he has his own?... simple, it was october 2003 and they had a shipping error for his 6... so desperate, he asked the dealer if there were any ppl that wanted a chance to get some free shit and learn a thing or two. So my buddy at the dealership called me right away. I said... my two favorite words are "FREE SHIT". They took my mufflers off, measured, put new exhaust on, fit perfectly... but they didnt let me HEAR IT!!! god damn them!!.. they took off the new exhaust again and put it on their new 6 when it came in a few days later.

Basically he was desperate... because they wanted to get the car into SEMA 2003... he made the first COMPLETE CARBON FIBRE mazda 6... with turbo, exhaust system (mine...) and some other stuff.

Anyways, when it was done, he took it off his car, and gave me the exhaust... said "Here, keep it" I was like :S what did i do to my poor baby... :( but then I turned the car on... omg... I almost creamed. So ya I have 1 of 2 exhaust systems... mines the very first, the other one obviously the second and its now on the new mazda 6 carbon fibre body.

Thats the story of why my exhaust sounds completely different than other 6's with mufflers. And the reason why most car alarms go off when I drive near. :yesnod:

HERE ARE THE VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#########!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was not to say HAHAHAHA my car rox.. it was simply to get your attention (the title)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4lhdpRYbNU <<<<< Revving at a park while disturbing ppl playing tennis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqUZFVwblK8 <<<<< STOPtional... u'll see... hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_7M8FvvQbE <<<<<< Just driving in the darkness

These videos arent capturing what it really sounds like... its almost impossible to capture the exact sounds we hear and what the recording device hears on the camera.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I saw "crazy cat back from ractive" and stopped reading. [/b]
well then you missed the best part of the fairy tale:

the "they all lived happily ever after" part.

:ring: :ring: :ring: :ring:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw "crazy cat back from ractive" and stopped reading.
[/b]
whats wrong with Ractive? They are like Mazda's GO TO company..

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I don't think the ractive Mazda6 had a turbo... I saw MANY pictures of it and spoke with the 16 year old kid who bought the Mazda6 from them.

Lots of work done on the car though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll believe it one I see/hear it.
[/b]
Hence why I said this was basically for those that live near me and have seen/heard... ill video tape it soon, im at school right now as i made this post.

I have a cardomain site that I made awhile back... only has my tinted windows and ractive exhaust on it, nothing else. I updated with a few pics of my signal light mod, just to show some people on a post i started on how to modify ur signals to stay on along with ur parking lights.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/706956

first page at the bottom shows my signal light mod...

I think the 3rd page has my mufflers.

"I don't think the ractive Mazda6 had a turbo... I saw MANY pictures of it and spoke with the 16 year old kid who bought the Mazda6 from them.

Lots of work done on the car though." - PerformanceRacing

I was told it had a turbo... unless they took it out due to problems?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hence why I said this was basically for those that live near me and have seen/heard... ill video tape it soon, im at school right now as i made this post.

I have a cardomain site that I made awhile back... only has my tinted windows and ractive exhaust on it, nothing else. I updated with a few pics of my signal light mod, just to show some people on a post i started on how to modify ur signals to stay on along with ur parking lights.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/706956

first page at the bottom shows my signal light mod...

I think the 3rd page has my mufflers.

"I don't think the ractive Mazda6 had a turbo... I saw MANY pictures of it and spoke with the 16 year old kid who bought the Mazda6 from them.

Lots of work done on the car though." - PerformanceRacing

I was told it had a turbo... unless they took it out due to problems?
[/b]

HAHA, your car has only an AEM intake and an exhaust and you think that gained you 35hp, since your cardomain says 253hp. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also, nobody really cares about the "value" of your mods in your signature that is really big and obnoxious anyways

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAHA, your car has only an AEM intake and an exhaust and you think that gained you 35hp, since your cardomain says 253hp. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also, nobody really cares about the "value" of your mods in your signature that is really big and obnoxious anyways
[/b]
The value of the mods wasnt to say I SPENT THAT MUCH, it was to show you how much your lookin at spending if you want to do the same mod. sheesh. Also I didnt put the 253 HP there, i havent touched that site for over a year except when i uploaded some pics of the signal mod... also notice half of the pics are unavailable? That site is effed up. My car has about 235 hp max after checking what the mods should be doing.

hmm when i think about it, i must have typed them in wrong at the time, 253 instead of 235... my bad :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Let me just say this, your car looks cheap. Maybe that is because all the stuff you put on it is cheap. But to your credit the motor cover looks nice. Moreover you should think about taking some time and saving your money for some quality mods. And also your grill is a different color then the car, and don’t say that it is the light because it’s not.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
:barf: - that painted grill on your car.....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
wow that engine cover looks really bad.

good job.

i wana hear the exhaust though..

EDIT: Nice grill !!!!lolz!!
buy a sports grille.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
man i'm sorry but why would you paint a speed yellow car with a red engine cover? that 235hp is crank just so you know and it's been proven that without headers, exhausts don't add HP to your m6. your whp went from 165 up to 167 would be my guess.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow that engine cover looks really bad.

good job.

i wana hear the exhaust though..

EDIT: Nice grill !!!!lolz!!
buy a sports grille.
[/b]
My grille is the sports grill.. i only painted the OEM grille (black one u get if u choose not to get the sports grille)

I just painted it for fun, i dont have it on my car its in my basement, look at my signal light mod pics... i have my sports grille on...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Wow, haha. Bashfest.

I'll keep my comments to myself until I hear the actual system. Don't keep me waiting too long. :nono: [/b]
a true gentleman.

i guess i dont understand:

why someone with a yellow car would paint their engine cover AND dispstick handle Chevrolet Orange. (Oh, sorry, the can says FORD.....sure looks like the old Chevy engine color though)

why that same person would bore everyone to tears with no less than 6 pictures of the process. One was more than enough.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
by the way on my site i had shown the yellow painted OEM grille.. not sports... it was my spare grille, i have the sports grille on my car, always have. It was just for fun to paint my spare grille. on my site it even says

*NEXT PAGE MY ATTEMPTED ORIGINAL BLACK GRILL COLOR CHANGE!!! It came out nice, but the color is way off. Hehe. Thank god its just my spare grill*

a true gentleman.

i guess i dont understand:

why someone with a yellow car would paint their engine cover AND dispstick handle Chevrolet Orange.
why that same person would bore everyone to tears with no less than 6 pictures of the process. One was more than enough.
[/b]
A) its red paint

B) I like it?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
by the way on my site i had shown the yellow painted OEM grille.. not sports... it was my spare grille, i have the sports grille on my car, always have. It was just for fun to paint my spare grille. on my site it even says

*NEXT PAGE MY ATTEMPTED ORIGINAL BLACK GRILL COLOR CHANGE!!! It came out nice, but the color is way off. Hehe. Thank god its just my spare grill*

A) its red paint

B) I like it? [/b]
A - you need a better camera, looks orange in the pictures.

B - no accounting for some people's tastes I guess.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A - you need a better camera, looks orange in the pictures.

B - no accounting for some people's tastes I guess.
[/b]
yep, that camera sucked, all those photos were takin over a year ago, actually 2 years ago... i got a new camera now, took pics of my signal mod on the bottom of the first page.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts