Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 MazdaSpeed6 and there's a really weird problem with the interior lights. For the first little part of the evening they wouldn't work at all, I assumed it was a fuse but once night rolled around and it was actually dark, when I push the button for the drivers interior light, they turn both of the lights on but they're REALLY dim, so dim they don't illuminate enough to see anything inside the car. While keeping that light on, if I turn on the passenger light, they both turn off and the passenger puddle light turns on. The same thing happens if I turn on the lights in the back while leaving the drivers light on. If I don't have the drivers light on then nothing works other then the passenger door puddle light every time I push the front passenger light or the rear lights.

The drivers puddle light also doesn't work at all and the door light switch to enable the interior lights when the door is open doesn't do anything so I just leave it off.

I don't even know where to start looking but there has gotta be a bad ground somewhere or something. What would be an ideal location to start finding the problem?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
FSM!!!
Hi and Welcome to the 4'Uhm! :)

There is a module just for the light dimmers and there is a module for lighting - BCM. BCM is in the drivers side kick panel very bottom. As for the whereabouts of the mood lighting, that will take a bit of looking. I need a simple block diagram. Follow my sig, read the first post and it will lead you to the FSM. There is one called the Speed6 Technical Training which has allow of basic stuff but won't go into detail on this topic. Still good to have.

The rest can be found in the 2006 Work Shop manual under body and accessories.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts