Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what these things are called, but I wanted to buy one of those trunk organizer that come with hooks but the mazda 6 trunk doesn't have anything on there to hook it up to

How do they install the trunk net then

I don't see anything on there that could be used to hook it up

·
Registered
355 Posts
The trunk cargo net is a dealer-installed option. You can get the cargo net mounting kit from your dealer’s parts department. It’s basically the hooks and the bolts to hold them in place. You’ll have to drill a couple holes through some interior sheet metal in the trunk in order to install them. I’ll see if I can locate the part number for the mount kit for you. I’m not sure I found it myself when I bought it. The parts counter guy may have looked it up for me.

***EDIT TO ADD INFO:
I don’t have the mount kit part number. My dealer parts counter guy looked it up for me. Call your dealer; they can help you. If you don’t have a local dealer, the dealer I use (local to me in AZ) is Horne Mazda. Their parts people have always been very helpful, and at least through their website they’re happy to ship parts to you.

Reactions: Byakuya

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
]

I'm thinking about some DIY solution, but rather not drill it...
This is my version of "DIY".

I have two plastic boxes and I find it easy to store things. There's also the folding type which I don't have, so I can't say if it's easy to fold and unfold.

Going back, I'd rather secure those plastic boxes but there's no hook. Anyways, it doesn't move a bit since it so happened that the two fits perfectly fine inside the trunk.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that sucks monkey balls I'm not about paid crazy money for some net cargo at the dealer in a 2014 old car lol I'll figure out some ghetto way to keep it still in the car

·
Registered
355 Posts
You don’t have to buy the net to get the mounting kit.

You should be able to figure out a way to drill a couple holes and bolt on a couple hooks of whatever description you like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is the one I bought to put in the trunk of my 2020 Mazda 6.

It has areas of rubber "bumps" on the bottom to hold it in place on the carpet, but frankly, those don't work. So I have ordered a piece of this stuff you put under carpets to keep them from sliding on a wood floor. I don't know if it will work, but it's a cheap solution and worth trying.

I really do like the storage container, though. It can expand as much as you need it to, and there's a cooler compartment on one end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts