Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
take the hubcaps off. Show your steelie pride
[/b]

I'm trying to avoid the ricer steel wheels, this isn't a civic. I got the hubcaps and steelies for 50 bucks, I paid for em, gonna use em

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,607 Posts
Hubcaps are fine. It hides the rust that WILL show up on steelies after a couple seasons.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Hubcaps look better on that steelies. I hate the way they look.

I bought a set of Mazda3 wheels from EBay for $330 shipped and I plan to add a set of snow tires to those. I will also sell the 2 good tires that are on there now. My shop will put on the snow tires, throw out the 2 bad tires, and install the MZ3 wheels on my car for a total of 50 bucks or so they said.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the steelies and hubcaps for $50 shipped after last winter, had a vibration after I got the snows put on. figured it was out of balance, but I got one with a slight bend. at least I didn't spend alot on them, and 3 of them are good. guess I'll have to suffer with it until another one comes up cheap on ebay

·
Registered
356 Posts
Where is the snow?

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Where is the snow?
[/b]
They were calling for a wintry mix here in MD this morning, but nothing showed up. The weather men have the perfect job.. they never have to be right, and they still make the big bucks!! :swearin:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I love the green grass on the pictures with the winter tires. I haven't seen grass in about a month. Here is a picture taken about 5 minutes ago... please forgive the shitty camera, I had to steal it from the machine shop (plus I don't know how to use it).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree in taking off the caps - steelies alone lets everyone know at a glance that you have your winters on and it's only a temporary look

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ready for Snow...

well.....acutally my car is ganna be stored this winter...kind of got into a car accident...i posted in the toronto section you can see it there "damaged 6" :(

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Fine, you want the steelies, here ya go!

hubcaps went back on right after the pics....
[/b]
I think I'm gonna be sick.... Please go buy some cheap aftermarket wheels pr put the OEM back on! These pics with steelies look like those taken of a car after it's been totalled or the wheels have gotten jacked. Makes the car look 15 years old IMO.

You drive around like this 5 months of the year? :headscrat:

·
Registered
747 Posts
If you live where you need snows, you should put them on the factory wheels (since factory all-seasons are usually crap, as they are on the 6) and let that be your excuse to get summer tires on nice aftermarket wheels. It really should be part of your car budget/plan if you consider yourself an enthusiast :yesnod:

My Dunlop Winter Sport M3s are in transit and going on my 17s probably next week. I lucked out, haven't seen a single snowflake since I traded my Subaru (10/31) and am out of town as the first snows finally hit VT. Warmest and least snowy November on record... almost 70 degrees on 11/30 :headscrat:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think I'm gonna be sick.... Please go buy some cheap aftermarket wheels pr put the OEM back on! These pics with steelies look like those taken of a car after it's been totalled or the wheels have gotten jacked. Makes the car look 15 years old IMO.

You drive around like this 5 months of the year? :headscrat:
[/b]

let's see, steelies with hubcaps $50 for set, cheap aftermarkets...200+? it's not that hard of a decision for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts