Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Whoah! UK taxes?'

No Mate,

You have to pay tax on cars given to you as a benefit in kind by your company.

If you're a private buyer you pay VAT on the purchase price (usually included) and then on the yearly Road Fund Licence. Not to mention the tax on fuel :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reading Topic: Whoah! UK taxes?

Yes... I think the only country you really can say WHOAH! for car taxes is Finland :( Although we got a couple of percents releaf in taxes at the beginning of this year, I have to pay EUR 37 000 for my M6 2.0TDI Sport Wagon elegance. Can anyone beat that!? The price includes only Webasto heater, CD module and winter tires in addition to normal elegance equipment. If someone can, please let me know to make me feel better knowing there's others too.........

Fortunately for diesel we have to pay only fixed tax once a year, and it's therefore cheap to drive with diesel, if you drive let's say more than 20 000km(12 500miles)/year. I calculated, that after 5 years I have won back my money if I change my M626 2.0 Exlusive+ now and drive 40 000km/year (which I have within recent years done) with this diesel - and I have a lot of room for my children and zoom-zoom for me!!

I just can't wait June 20th when I'll receive mine!

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Finn,

I guess you've set the record when it comes to price for a M6, even though it's a sad one :(

But I'm sure as soon as you'll take it out for your first spin this will bring a big grin into your face :D

btw when did you order?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I think the norwegians pays over 40,000 euro for a 2.0... There is this banana-norweigan here :) whos family have a 6 wagon 2.0 (i think - or was it 1.8?) and it was VERY expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I ordered it about a week ago. There was only two tdi elegance wagons free on the ship arriving 16.6. to Finland. Another one was luckily with one of the colors I've been thinking, Silver Contrail, so I was lucky. Otherwise I had to wait at least 5 months!

·
Registered
36 Posts

Originally posted by Finn6

Yes... I think the only country you really can say WHOAH! for car taxes is Finland :( Although we got a couple of percents releaf in taxes at the beginning of this year, I have to pay EUR 37 000 for my M6 2.0TDI Sport Wagon elegance. Can anyone beat that!? The price includes only Webasto heater, CD module and winter tires in addition to normal elegance equipment. If someone can, please let me know to make me feel better knowing there's others too.........[/b]
How about this from www.mazda6.ie:

2.0 Tdi (136) Sports Pack € 35,420.00

Looks like Ireland and Finland are bad places to buy new cars.
In Holland your model costs e33.000.

·
Registered
4 Posts

If you think you're paying too much for your M6 then take a look at some examples from the danish pricelist (please sit down first...):

M6 2.0 "Touring" Hatchback - € 39000
M6 2.3 "Sport" Hatcback - € 45000
M6 2.0 Diesel "Sport" Hatchback - € 48500

And the most expensive model in the danish program:

M6 2.0 Diesel "Sport" Stationcar - € 50000

And then, of course, you have to pay some 50-60% tax while paying for the car. No wonder that the car-tax is by far the most hated tax in Denmark (I think some 80%+ said it was outrageous in a recent survey).

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

you have to pay a yearly tax on a car?? is that like the license registration fee or is that added?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I believe it's a tax while purchasing the car. Not a yearly one.

Noxic, welcome aboard, I believe you are the first member from Denmark :)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6

I believe it's a tax while purchasing the car. Not a yearly one.

Noxic, welcome aboard, I believe you are the first member from Denmark :)[/b]
Thanks, Driver6. This is the only useful place I've found for talking about the M6. Great place :)

And to continue my former post: Besides the horrible registration taxex we have here in Denmark, we also have to pay a yearly "green" tax based on the car's fuel consumption. Compared to the registration tax, this is minor though (some €500-€800 for normal cars). It is supposed to make people choose the fuelefficient cars, but I don't think it has any effect whatsoever because it's a microscopic expense copared to the other expenses.

And then of course there's tax on gas (I believe some 60-70% of the price is tax). And now the politicians are even talking about roadpricing :thumbdn:

Basically it sucks to be a carowner in Denmark... :)
Thanks for letting me blow off a little steam here :)

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Originally posted by A10ZA03

you have to pay a yearly tax on a car?? is that like the license registration fee or is that added?[/b]
We do (in the US)... it's called property tax.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Yea property tax sucks, I pay over 800 a year for 2 cars. It is just freakin ridiculous....well then again CT sux for taxes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts