Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the December 11th issue of Autoweek there is a road test of a Noble M400 it uses the Mazda v6 and is mapped by Rousch Racing. It uses higher-lift cams, twin turbos, intercooler, forged pistons and connecting rods. Its good for 425hp at 6500 rpm and 390 lbs of torque at 5000 rpm. Granted its a rear mounted engine that is still a lot of ponies in a very light car

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
the December 11th issue of Autoweek there is a road test of a Noble M400 it uses the Mazda v6 and is mapped by Rousch Racing. It uses higher-lift cams, twin turbos, intercooler, forged pistons and connecting rods. Its good for 425hp at 6500 rpm and 390 lbs of torque at 5000 rpm. Granted its a rear mounted engine that is still a lot of ponies in a very light car
[/b]
sounds great. and nobody is saying it can't make power.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bet for the amount of money they spent, you can get a Corvette for about 40 grand. What they need to make is a Mazda super-car. Like a turbo RX-8 or even something more wild kind of icon car (like NSX, Skyline GT-R, etc.).

·
Registered
867 Posts
uhhh...who said you cant make high horsepower anyway? Just like the mazda6 vs. mazdaspeed6 if you have the money it can be done.

·
Registered
510 Posts
yeah it would be nice to have that engine..but where are you going to fit twin T's let alone the plumbing for the intercooler in the front of our packed front end?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
you forget there is already a twin turbo 6 running around in the show circuit and when tuning becomes availible soon,it will probably hit the track and the dyno.IIRC,Wagner Motorsports built the turbo system

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
[/b]
No one ever said that it couldn't be done. There are a plenty of modded Duratec30s running over 400hp and several more than 500hp. Just no one's done it with the Mazda6 yet.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
exactly, the duratec is a capable engine. it seems the problem for the 6s isn't the engine but the ecu.
[/b]
i concur. supposedly thre are 2 standalone's coming out within a few months that can correct that issue.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
[/b]
Suneil's 2.5L SVT Contour makes 401 FWHP (380 ft-lbs) with Arizona Dyno Chip's T3/T4 single turbo kit. No special cams, no special intake.

http://www.suneil.net/Ford%20Contour%20SVT.htm

There is no reason to replace the rods, not a single Contour owner has broken them under any kind of power strain, nor as any Aston Martin DB12 owner broken them under any kind of power strain. The Ford part number for the Aston Martin V12 rods as the Contour V6 rods, because they are both Duratec engines.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The Noble M400 has been pushing out 425 bhp from its TT Duratec for years. I haven't gotten around to reading the newest Autoweek yet to find out why they are just now covering it. Did Noble update it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is no reason to replace the rods, not a single Contour owner has broken them under any kind of power strain, nor as any Aston Martin DB12 owner broken them under any kind of power strain. The Ford part number for the Aston Martin V12 rods as the Contour V6 rods, because they are both Duratec engines.
[/b]
So are you saying that getting the Clevite 77 isn't necessary? Or am I thinking of something different because I'm a noob. Is the clevite 77 a rod bearing? or a replacement rod?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
So are you saying that getting the Clevite 77 isn't necessary? Or am I thinking of something different because I'm a noob. Is the clevite 77 a rod bearing? or a replacement rod?
[/b]
it is a rod bearing and yes they are necessary for higher outputs.the stock bearings are the weak link.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
you could always just use a 350 shot of NOS =P

but sure its possible, chitown just through his kit on the forum and with some tuning it will probably hit 330ish (is my best guess).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts