Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I have a 06 mazda 6 i sport with the 4 cyl. Who makes springs for this?
[/b]
Mazda makes the best springs for that car. They come preinstalled when you buy a Mazda6!

Many alternatives are around if you're goals differ from what Mazda intended.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have a 06 mazda 6 i sport with the 4 cyl. Who makes springs for this?
[/b]
Welcome to the club, as you can tell, some members don't offer much of a hand.

There is alot of companies making springs for the 6, unfortunately, not many of them list the 06 on their websites. However, the listing's for any of the springs for the 6i will work. You'll need to decide how much of a drop you would like to have.

Try posting a few ?'s in the "newbie" section until you get a better feel for the forum and it's crew. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Eibach. Mazdaspeeds springs are made by Eibach.
[/b]

True, but the specs are different! Mazdaspeed springs are made to specific standards set by Mazdaspeed.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Not when there is a STICKY FAQ posted RIGHT ON TOP of the suspension forum listing a LOT of springs for the car and specs for them.
[/b]
Whatever, I'm sure you weren't perfect the first time you posted. It's just as easy to re-direct a new member politely as it is to come across like an ass. NOT referring to you , but I'm certain you know the members that like to come across like they know EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
703 Posts
True, but the specs are different! Mazdaspeed springs are made to specific standards set by Mazdaspeed.
[/b]

but still made with Eibach excellent craftmanship and quality standards. The ONLY thing MAZDA influences is the specs i.e drop, spring rate, tolerance etc. Most of the time, large reliable aftermarket comapanies, like Eibach, have standards than exceed the MOEM standard. Thats why most performance parts are 3rd partied to other companies. Mazda just slaps there name on it and the specific product is exclusive only through the dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
but still made with Eibach excellent craftmanship and quality standards. The ONLY thing MAZDA influences is the specs i.e drop, spring rate, tolerance etc. Most of the time, large reliable aftermarket comapanies, like Eibach, have standards than exceed the MOEM standard. Thats why most performance parts are 3rd partied to other companies. Mazda just slaps there name on it and the specific product is exclusive only through the dealer.
[/b]
Not entirely true. Eibach may manufacture the springs, but they are to Mazda's standards and that includes quality, documentation and engineering. Mazda has many more requirements for quality and documentation than a supplier, even one like Eibach. Many aftermarket companies do not have the resources to support a quality system required by an OE and can not supply OE level parts. You would be supprised that even some of the biggest and most well know aftermarket companies could not meet the standards set by the OE's. Manufactured by, sure, but simply re-badged, I don't think so.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Not entirely true. Eibach may manufacture the springs, but they are to Mazda's standards and that includes quality, documentation and engineering. Mazda has many more requirements for quality and documentation than a supplier, even one like Eibach. Many aftermarket companies do not have the resources to support a quality system required by an OE and can not supply OE level parts. You would be supprised that even some of the biggest and most well know aftermarket companies could not meet the standards set by the OE's. Manufactured by, sure, but simply re-badged, I don't think so.
[/b]

True, Bosal was choosen to make the Mazdaspeed Exhuast, which they made nearly 500 units. Mazdaspeed, declined to accept the product, since it did not meet their expectations.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I question Mazda's engineering on the V6 Sedan Mazdaspeed springs. Why do the mazdaspeed hatchback springs even out the car better than the V6 Sedan springs?

The hatchback springs just happen to work out well for v6 sedan owners.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hightly doubt that Mazdaspeed's prime objective was looks. I would hope the prime objective would be handling and ride characteristics. I think that Mazda has done that.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I question Mazda's engineering on the V6 Sedan Mazdaspeed springs. Why do the mazdaspeed hatchback springs even out the car better than the V6 Sedan springs?

The hatchback springs just happen to work out well for v6 sedan owners.
[/b]
Well im sure their primary concern wasnt looks. Just dropping the car evenly with a springrate increase.

I just wanna go on record as being one of the first who suggested getting the hatchback springs on the sedan. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I know it wasn't looks. But if the rear sags that badly with MSP V6 sedan springs, as made out in various discussions here, won't you be hitting the bump stops more often than with the MSP Hatchback springs? That is what I was getting at.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
mbrogz3000
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing