Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how this could happen. Daughter went to leave around 5, I was on the other end of the driveway and I heard a click, then nothing, then silence, the she says "Uh Oh."
I went over to the car, and there was absolutely no power. No radio, lights, door ajar chime, etc. Open hood and it all looked OK. 5 min later I got back in the car and heard the door chime, so I tried the ignition, and it was a bit lazy, but came to. Seems to be OK now. Took it to Autozone and of course the battery and alternator are fine. My wife has had to take the car today, and she noticed something I experienced on the way back from Autozone: that periodically there would be a stumble that would last a few seconds, like when fuel delivery becomes unstable, or when the idle settles in too low and the engine runs rough. Last time I drove it before today, I had not experienced it, but I was thinking it may be time to clean out the throttle body, and I don't think they are related, but it is coincidental. I'm a bit more stressed about this than I would normally be because the Flex is sidelined because the positive cable melted to the battery Sunday and the V70 lost electronic connection to the entire front passenger door this morning, and the car thinks it is always ajar. 3 cars in 3 days. Once in a lifetime bad luck, right?

·
Super Moderator
17,855 Posts
When it rains, it pours huh? Sorry to hear about the issues.

Start with the simple things: check your MAF, TB, battery terminals/grounds. Make sure your battery has enough charge and is outputting enough while running. Autozone might have said it was fine but it's worth verifying, especially if temps are changing where you are.

It's possible the car was flooded too. My wife's 3 had a weird occurrence a couple times where it flooded itself and I had to start in flooded mode for it to flush everything out.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Check your battery terminals and the connections to those main wires. Also remove the "main" fuses and clean the terminals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts