Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i was just wondering who lives near me and loves their six as much as i do. i also wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions on what performance parts I should put on my 6i. I was thinking cold air 1st then exhaust but what brand should I get. For the CAI should I get the AEM or INGEN and for the exhaust MAGNAFLOW or OTHER.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i live in newport news. i ended up getting a k&n intake and bosal exhaust. if i had the money, i would definitely get the CP-E intake. for the exhaust, you certainly want to look at any possible gains, but the sound also has to be to your liking.

links in my sig to check out my car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I live in hampton. vinnybeachbum lives in va beach. see him whenever I go to auto-x out in pungo.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Not really close, but I am just southwest of Richmond.

If money is not an issue then go for the CP-E CAI. It runs about $500, but is high quality. If money is an issue do the AEM. It's about $230 and gives you most of the performance improvements and has never set a CEL. Either way, though, I would use caution on any installing CAI down there in Tidewater. You guys get alot of standing water and that does not go well with a CAI on our cars! The last time I looked, nobody makes an air bypass due to the MAF location.

I cannot believe that I am saying this, but you may want to consider a short ram set up. Just make sure that if it does not come with any type of heat shield, that you fabricate one so that you actually get a performance benefit.

If you ever see a redfire 6 that is riding on silver 18's and has tinted windows zoomnbyu, that may be me! :seeya:

·
Registered
270 Posts
you can always do the airbox mod. it's easy, free and made a huge difference in low end throttle response in my car. makes a cool noise to boot. I also spent a couple hundred dollars getting the intermediate pipe replaced to remove all of the unnecessary bends and changes in diameter. it goes down to 2-1/8" in some places. mine now is 2.5" from y-pipe to the y-pipe. made a much bigger difference than I expected.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i probably will go with the aem cai. what kind of numbers are yall gettin in your 6's. my zero-60 is about 7sec. my best thou is 6.5.

·
Registered
382 Posts
RPM has both the injen and the AEM for 199 with free shipping... i myself am going with injen... as for exhaust i'm gonna go magnaflow... CVR motorsports (i think...) has the magna's for 415 with free shipping... look around the forum sponsors area! you should find it!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who wants to do a mini meet/meet?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow I was really impressed to see so many folks near Richmond :love:

I installed a CPe intake on my 2005 6i... I've loved it! Not sure of the real number gains, I've never put my 6 through the test. I can definitly recommend it based on feel/sound though.

Let me know if you guys decide to get together, I'd love to see some other rides :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
if someone can come up with a good compromise meeting place between Richmond and hampton roads, I'll be there! someone get it going!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wouldnt mind meeting in williamsburg or around there

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do you guys know of any good parks or meeting places in Williamsburg or Newport News?

I'm trying to look on google maps, I see a couple of state parks and such down there, you know of any 6speed6? :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Newport News Park is nice and they have several picnic areas. If You guys want I can see about reserving a spot. We can turn this into a bbq.
it's right off of Jefferson Ave near Ft Eustis.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=1...ewport+News,+VA
[/b]

I think I've been camping there before! It sounds good to me! We'll see how many want to come, and I can get together some stuff to bring... woot :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds good to me to. someone post some dates. Fridays are good for me

·
Registered
391 Posts
Weekends are better :) Unless it's later on a Friday, I get off of work at 5ish, I think it takes just under an hour for me to get there.

I'd say within a couple of weeks we could do something. The weather is getting nice :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea like a dinner bbq on a friday sounds great. like a 6:30 thing

1 - 20 of 131 Posts