Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to see it on opening day. Who else is going? Also I assume most people going haven't read the book? I really enjoyed the book, I hope the movie can keep up.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Nope. haven't read the book, but I will go see the movie..probably opening night...or possibly this weekend...i dunno...bf wants to see it before he leaves...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Nope. haven't read the book, but I will go see the movie..probably opening night...or possibly this weekend...i dunno...bf wants to see it before he leaves...
[/b]

read the book first. it took me like 3 days.

i want to see it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
hmmm....k. guess i need to go pick up the book

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
When it comes to a movie version of a novel I find it's usually better to see the movie first, then read the book. The movie almost always either changes the book (from a little to a lot) and ALWAYS has to lose stuff that's in the book. A lot of times if I have read the book and then see the film I get irritated at the things they left out, even though I know they had to cut something. But I always think there was something left in the film that could have been cut instead of the thing I wanted to be in there. (If you get my meaning.)

But if I see the film first then read the book, there is new stuff (to me) in the story and that makes me happy. :)

Anyway, it's up to you
:laugh:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Just finished the book yesterday, it was too good to put it down.

[/b]
defintely too good to put down. i'll second that.

hmmm....k. guess i need to go pick up the book
[/b]
probably a good idea, you won't regret it.

When it comes to a movie version of a novel I find it's usually better to see the movie first, then read the book. The movie almost always either changes the book (from a little to a lot) and ALWAYS has to lose stuff that's in the book. A lot of times if I have read the book and then see the film I get irritated at the things they left out, even though I know they had to cut something. But I always think there was something left in the film that could have been cut instead of the thing I wanted to be in there. (If you get my meaning.)

But if I see the film first then read the book, there is new stuff (to me) in the story and that makes me happy. :)

Anyway, it's up to you
:laugh:
[/b]
valid point. didn't look at it from that perspective. but you also got think......ron howard is THE MAN, so....... we'll see.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i will definitely see, i thought the book was pretty well written, and i hate reading novels! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Apparently this movie was to premiere today at the Cannes Film Festival although every news outlet is stating that critics at the Cannes Film Festival are panning a screening they saw yesterday. Am I missing something? The only "screening" I heard that happened yesterday was a 35 minute teaser of the movie. Could be just the news outlets trying to drum up controversy or something. Either way... I'm there.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just finished the book yesterday, it was too good to put it down.

Can't wait to see the movie.
[/b]
yup...I finished it about 2 wks ago. I don't think I've ever read a book as fast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I've just read the book and was a bit disappointed. For me "Illuminati", Dan Browns first book was much better. So I don't need to see Tom Hanks cruising in a Smart through Paris. ;-))

Stefan

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Angels & Demons > The Da Vinci Code

Eventhough the Da Vinci Code was a great book, Robert Langdon's first adventure was MUCH better and would have made for a MUCH better movie.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
guess i'm the only one w/ no desire to see the flick? haven't read the book but have seen enough news and documentaries to get the basic idea of the book. just doesn't appeal to me. also, no, i'm not some crazy that thinks the book is the antichrist or anything.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
guess i'm the only one w/ no desire to see the flick? haven't read the book but have seen enough news and documentaries to get the basic idea of the book. just doesn't appeal to me. also, no, i'm not some crazy that thinks the book is the antichrist or anything.
[/b]
Unlike the people staging hunger strikes to have the movie banned in their countries. Of course, I never understood hunger strikes. If I didn't want to do something, they can choose to starve to death for all I care. I would just ensure they had adequate food available, so it was entirely their choice.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
[/b]

I would ignore the news, the media, the pro and con sides of what you heard and just pick up the book and read the first few chapters. You will realize that it is just a fictional thriller and that everything was blown out of proportion by both sides of the aisle.

Actually, don't pick up the Da Vinci Code. Go buy Angels & Demons. Read that first. If you like that book, then you will like the Da Vinci Code.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I would ignore the news, the media, the pro and con sides of what you heard and just pick up the book and read the first few chapters. You will realize that it is just a fictional thriller and that everything was blown out of proportion by both sides of the aisle.
[/b]
it has nothing to do w/ my approval of the content. it's just the whole plot has essentially been given away and turns out to not be something i find particularly interesting. and it really hasn't been the media that has given it away but the numerous documentaries on history channel and discovery channel covering the facts and fiction of the book.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
26 Participants
lethal6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing