Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who is doing your guys custom painting. I.E. The custom front grilles or eyelids. or are you ordering paint and doing it yourselves. Ohh also if you are buying the paint where are ya getting it? thanks

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i get the paint locally as my price there is 1/2 of paintscratch. i do the custom painting if it's small if it was a big piece i'd have my friend who does paint jobs for mercedes do it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i take it to a local body shop that way you always have top notch paint pn the parts and it dosent look like an amature job. IMO take them to a body shop it may cost a little more $ but you will be happy with the results.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I do all my paint work myself. I'm no professional, but it comes out great every time. Going to paint the inside of my headlights this weekend. Will post a thread with pictures when finished.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The stock eyelids seem very glossy. Does paint stick to them well? Or do they get primer'ed first? I've got a grille coming and then both grille and eyelids must get painted Lapis Blue....

Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I do all my paint work myself. I'm no professional, but it comes out great every time. Going to paint the inside of my headlights this weekend. Will post a thread with pictures when finished.
[/b]
Painting the inside of the headlights is a LOT different than doing a 3 stage primer, base, clear to a front grille.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Painting the inside of the headlights is a LOT different than doing a 3 stage primer, base, clear to a front grille.
[/b]
My thoughts exactly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts