Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if I should just get it done somewhere, or rent the tool that Skoda Budget used.

If I do end up renting the tool, I'm wondering if anyone would like to join me for a fender rolling meet. Splitting the cost would help me out a lot.

TIA

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Cool, looks like you got those rims, what colour did you get?. How much extra was shipping to CA?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awong124: don't make a move till I get my wheels... please :) Even if we're just two people rolling fenders, I still think we'll be saving money.

m6inVan: Yep. Having them shipped to WA. I'll deal with the rest from there. Chose titanium silver.

For rubber, looks like I'll be giving my business to Volco... BTW, thanks for the tip hillmar.

But, to answer the question, I was quoted an extra $115 USD to have them delivered to my door.

-------------

Anyone else interested in a fender rolling meet?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Depending on the date you guys choose for the fender rolling, I'll be glad to come out and pass on my experiences with the tool, and lend a hand if needed. Zoomzoom, you have a PM.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Skoda... your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i d be glad to join for a meet
zoomzoomfan u ll have to pick me up though

·
Registered
542 Posts
lets make it a fender rolling and mazdaspeed shortshifter install meet!!! YEAH!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi sorry, why do you guys need your fenders rolled?
If i just get the mazdaspeed hatch springs for my hatch
do I need to roll my fenders? I am plannign to use stock everything just swapping the springs

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going to 18" wheels that have a +42 offset. That alone is asking for trouble even on a car that's not lowered.

BUT... I've also got MS springs on the way, so I'll definitely need to roll.

Are you in Vancouver btw? If so, no harm in rolling even if you don't need to. Never know when you'll need to roll in the future.

If you're on stock wheels, but with the MS hatch springs, I'm not sure if you need to roll or not. Best check the appropriate section on this forum.

BTW... you have a hatch and got MS hatch springs? From what I understand, with the hatch you should get the sedan springs. I have a hatch too, and I've got sedan springs on the way.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
really? I thought if you had the sedan, you would go for the hatch springs... and if you had the hatch you still would go for the hatch springs.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=39938

Q: Im confused..... I want to order Mazdaspeed Springs but I dont know what to order?

If you have a 6s V6 engine, sedan OR hatch OR wagon, get the HATCHBACK/5DOOR SPRINGS.
Members have posted pictures of each model with these springs on......... search for them. I even did a huge writeup why and posted pictures to back it.

If you have a 6i I4 engine, sedan OR hatch, get the 4CYL SEDAN SPRINGS.
Members have posted pictures of each model with these springs on......... search for them[/b]
I guess it depends on whether you have the I4 or V6. I have the I4. Yes, you're right, if you have the V6, then you should use the hatch springs regardless.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The fender roll is gonna cost you guys less then 20 dollars each.....If you bring it into the shop to do it it will cost you over 160 dollars!!...If you dont have them rolled come to the meet and do it!! The tool used is gonna be the exact same as the professionals use at their shops!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep. What he said ^^^

I've gotten the details from Skoda Budget on where to get the tool from. It will work out to $25 per person if two people roll their fenders... about $17 for 3 people, etc etc.

The tool is rented out on a 48 hr basis.

Seriously, even if you have no plans of lowering the car, or putting on larger rims, rolling the fenders is a good idea. I should've joined you guys the last time a fender rolling meet was organised. My own fault for not using my head.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am in
Name the date
I have the stock 18's and I want it done b4 I can this thing

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
It's definitely worth while. If you have even the slightest intention of putting on wider tires, non-stock wheels and/or lowering the car it's worth the $15-$20 plus a couple of hours of time. If you miss this second go-around and you run into rubbing problems you will end up paying the full amount and learning the hard way how to do it, since you may have to do it by yourself.

Doing it in a group gives you a chance to see how it is done, several extra pairs of hands to help out, somebody to talk cars with while you're doing it, and expert (well at least experienced) advice when needed. If hillmar, spidy, myself or any others from the first group show up we can provide examples of what the finished rolled fenders look like. I didn't roll mine as much as others; you can choose how far you want to go.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts