Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your build number so we can figure out who has the oldest MS6. If you are unsure how to determine the number, it's the last 4 digits of your VIN.

Mine is 2211.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

build date 09/05

·
Registered
679 Posts
Doh... 1852

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you are unsure how to determine the number, it's the last 4 digits of your VIN.[/b]
Has this been verified?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has this been verified?
[/b]
Yes it has.

I'm hoping that someone will have the first production MS6.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I know this isn't true at Ford plants....the number swing everyday due to model mix.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/b]
Wow, 305 is pretty damn good.

I know this isn't true at Ford plants....the number swing everyday due to model mix.
[/b]
Recall though, our cars are built in Japan. Because the limited production, they had to number them somehow.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would be curious about the verification as well. Especially if there was a first run/second run...

Mine feel's unloved...

And its not like I just got the thing. Purchased in April with a good layer of dust from sitting at the dealer lot.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Maybe not....they can change the engine code and use whatever they want on the end.

What I am saying is is that #10 may not be #10. Say everyone orders moonroofs...the plant may not be able to handle 100% moonroofs so they pull ahead #50 after #9 to break up the option mix to reduce downtime at the plant. Now you're not really #10.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[/b]
btf, is the ship date on yours somewhere around Sept. 05?

Maybe not....they can change the engine code and use whatever they want on the end.
What I am saying is is that #10 may not be #10. Say everyone orders moonroofs...the plant may not be able to handle 100% moonroofs so they pull ahead #50 after #9 to break up the option mix to reduce downtime at the plant. Now you're not really #10.
[/b]
Ok, so if that's the case, we can still determine to the extent the engine was placed in the vehicle, because the engine's VIN has to match the VIN inside the car.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes, true BUT the engine has nothing to do with when the vehicle was built. Please believe me on this. I spent many years in assembly plants as a supervisor. (it sucked incase you wondered.)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, true BUT the engine has nothing to do with when the vehicle was built. Please believe me on this. I spent many years in assembly plants as a supervisor. (it sucked incase you wondered.)
[/b]
Well, if we found out who has 0001, it most likely would be the first, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Maybe to add to the info pool some, check your build date. Mine is 01/06. If the numbers and build dates get out of order, we know something is up.

Just my $.02

Also, #0001 is probably being held back by Mazda Corp. I've seen/heard of quite a few models have that happen, especially if the model was somehow deemed "special". Same thing can go with the final car of the production. But then again, depends on how much Mazda really liked the car themselves I guess.

·
Registered
679 Posts
0001 I can guarantee is crushed or something by now. It was surely a test vehicle. I bet at least the first 20 were. They undergo all kinds of testing....extended drives...etc.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some of the Canadian guys in here were the first ones to get the MS6s. I'm curious to see their build dates and VIN.

·
Registered
167 Posts
And my final note before bed, if you look at the 4106E recall flyer:

http://www.mazda6tech.com/tsb/powerloss.pdf

It has our VIN's listed...
100056-107537 built: Aug 4, 2005 to Apr. 29, 2006.

So, if you believe these numbers at all... 100057 is the closest to "first" you can get, and there are 7,481 Mazdaspeed 6's

Not sure if that includes all of them, or just the US. Have no idea. Aside from that, sleep tight all.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
build date 09/05

·
Registered
679 Posts
I was going to bed until I saw your avatar.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts