Mazda 6 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
I have 5500 miles since early November. Long commute every day, but the gas mileage seems low for highway and city driving (majority is 45 mph and up). My average in 26.8. Kind of a bummer.
That seems far too low for this car.

I commute in and out of Boston every day in heavy traffic and I'm getting about 33mpgs average. When I try to get better mpgs I can easily get it over 35 or 36.

All about how much control over the throttle you have, and how infrequently you come to a complete stop. I'd rather roll at 5mph for a mile than do 30 then stop, 30 then stop, etc. Saves a lot of gas over time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my 2014 M6 iTouring with 19k on it in February 2015. Just turned 50k this week. Daily commute is 106 miles. So far, one of the best cars I have ever owned. That's saying a lot since I have been driving for 44 years.

·
Registered
65 Posts
M6 2016 iTouring. Bought mine on 12th May 2015 so far put on 21,800 miles on it. The sport mode on this baby is exhilarating. Use it occasionally though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
M6 2016 iTouring. Bought mine on 12th May 2015 so far put on 21,800 miles on it. The sport mode on this baby is exhilarating. Use it occasionally though.
Looking at your sig I gotta ask... why have you gotten a M6 every year?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got 32k on my 15 Touring in 13 months. I average 27-32mpg depending on where and how I'm driving.

I have noticed if I set the cruise on 80, I tend to get 27ish mpg, but just dropping down to 75mph gets much better mileage.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've got 32k on my 15 Touring in 13 months. I average 27-32mpg depending on where and how I'm driving.

I have noticed if I set the cruise on 80, I tend to get 27ish mpg, but just dropping down to 75mph gets much better mileage.
I've actually been noticing that also recently in my driving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
44K+ mileage on my 2015 GT. 100 mile commute M-F. Looking to replace the tires this summer. got the dealership valvetrain cleaner package for extended warranty coverage and it's quiet as ever.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My red beauty completes 3 years today with about 31K trouble free miles. Out of the bumper to bumper warranty from today. Every morning I get up to go to work because I get to drive my Mazda6, need I say more?...:laugh2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know the automatic transmission fluid doesn't require maintenance per Mazda, but has anyone thought about changing (drain and fill not flush) their fluid after they hit a certain mile or years? I tend to keep my cars for well over 200K and I'm not sure if Mazda had people like me in mind when they wrote their maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you guy's noticed increased throttle response since first owning it. I only have 3300 miles on mine (do little driving) and have noticed a marked improvement already. It must be the Active Adaptive Shift that Mazda has on it's Automatic transmissions that adapts to driver's input. It takes time for it to learn but if you drive it more spirited, you'll get much better throttle response and higher shift points. Mazda should have marketed this feature more. It's excellent.
Someone else on here had mentioned in my 2014 review thread that he too, noticed a significant increase in responsiveness after the 5k mark, and again at 10k. It's really quite fantastic :)
Mine has under 2K miles, and the throttle response is horrible. I attributed it to the default economy mode. When I switch it to "Sport", it has much smoother response than standard mode. Either way, it is a dog compared to my last 2 cars, but the gas milage is much better! Overall, the average MPG according to the car computer is 29.2 mpg. However, my calculation from the last tankful was 31.7 mpg.

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
I'm getting ready to cross the 75k mile barrier soon. Bought in in Feb of 2013 so it's a little over 3 years old. Haven't reset the avg MPG reading in ver 50k miles and it says 34.0 right now, can't complain even if it's being optimistic since my commute in and out of Boston each day is all traffic.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.