Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, I thought I had a lot of miles in 11 months. I think you and I RoboScott need different jobs!
Yea I still live at home which is an hour away from my two part time jobs. One job I work in IT/Development the other I do Motion Graphic Design. Im waiting for one of them to go full time but, I can't take much more of this I want to keep this car for a long time. I plan on moving closer to work to significantly reduce my commute.

Dam dude i thought for sure no one would beat Bournes 28k. 30 is the new high baller!
Yea I was hoping to find someone with higher mileage than me. Sadly that was not the case.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yea I was hoping to find someone with higher mileage than me. Sadly that was not the case.
I almost had you, but I put 6K miles on my motorcycle in the Spring and Summer. I commute to work with my bike almost everyday during those 6 months. So I could have had many more miles on my ride about 33K which was my average per year before I picked up the motorcycle 4 years ago.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Over 18k now, had it for almost exactly a year today, she's doing just fine :D

Honestly, at the 10k mile mark, the transmission really settled in and it felt like I got a few more ponies out and much better response.
right there with you. just crossed 18,500 ... but my pace is faster. 1 yr this May.

But agree 100% on the tranny.

·
Registered
324 Posts
bought in july and i'm at 5064

·
Registered
35 Posts
25.5K in 10 months. Still love driving it every day. Noticed it runs smoother and has more power when I run super gas in it. I also seem to get 1 mile more per gallon when I do. I check it every time when I fill up. The only thing I hate about this car is the MP3 playback when using the USB port. Annoying.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
25.5K in 10 months. Still love driving it every day. Noticed it runs smoother and has more power when I run super gas in it. I also seem to get 1 mile more per gallon when I do. I check it every time when I fill up. The only thing I hate about this car is the MP3 playback when using the USB port. Annoying.
Hmmm runs stronger on super unleaded huh, will have to test that theory and +1 on the MP3 I just use the aux chord unless I have a long trip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, I don't think anyone can beat how many miles my wife has put in this car. We bought the car in early December 2013. We are currently at 24,8xx miles on the odometer. Projecting to hit close to 50k miles annually. I hope this car would last us for at least 6 years or 300k miles

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ok, I don't think anyone can beat how many miles my wife has put in this car. We bought the car in early December 2013. We are currently at 24,8xx miles on the odometer. Projecting to hit close to 50k miles annually. I hope this car would last us for at least 6 years or 300k miles
Will be checking your progress! You should be the highest mile spokesperson in about a year.

351 Posts
How many hours a day is spent in the commute?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, my wife commutes about 1 hour 15 minutes on the way there and about 1 hour 30 minutes on the way home. 2 hours on Fridays... I believe the round trip is about 140 miles per day. She was commuting 20 miles round trip until June of last year when she decided to take a promotion.

We also drive the 6 a lot on the weekends (about 100 to 200 miles) since my Infiniti is a bit of a hassle to drive around.

Mazda 6 literally eats half the gas that our FX35 ate when she was commuting with it. I'm so glad we traded the gas guzzler for a sipper. I am hoping that the 6 would last, at a minimum, 5 years. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

Mazda 6 has been pretty good other than the bluetooth going down once (I had to disconnect the battery to force the car to restart). With the low resistance highway miles, the treads on the tires look pretty new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'day fellas. Hope you don't mind an Aussie chiming in. I'll do my best with the conversions here. I can't come close to Zerg711's projections, but this is what I have racked up so far:

Have had my 2013 GT Wagon (or I guess you guys call it a 2014?) since the end of April last year and it's just clocked up 52,000kms (just over 32k miles). My daily commute is 92km (57 miles) in each direction. Thankfully it's mostly 110km/h (70mph) highway and my average fuel consumption with the diesel is 6.7L/100kms (35mpg), although I do a bit of trailer towing on the weekends here and there.

·
Registered
362 Posts
22,600 on mine. Bought when it was only 17 miles on the odo. Lots of trips to Disneyland. Lots of trip around the Bay when we sold and bought our home. She currently is resting out and used only on errands and weekend trips.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm closing in on 15k right now. Only had the car since Black Friday. I'll probably have 20k before I hit a year. My first Mazda and I'm really hoping it's as solid as my 98 Avalon was... I had 260k on it and it only died cuz it was totaled in an accident.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So far this car is running like a top. She gets serviced regularly. and with my 98 mile a day commute I have approximatly 28.5K miles on the ODD. That's minues me riding my motorcycle to work during the summer months. That's around 6K miles not on the car.
In that past I've averaged with weekends, and work commute. 32K miles a year. I blew through the warranty in a year and a half on my other Mazda's; but I had no fear. The cars were rock solid past the 100K miles I'd driven them. No clutch work. No engine work. Hardly any breaks at all. No electronic glitches.
Since this post of mine back in February, I have accumilated 38,8xx miles as of this morning - with a 49 mile commute back home. However since the beginning of riding season, I've been on the bike most weeks, and have put about 7500 miles on my Kawasaki. So that's 7500 miles not on the car. I'm on course to have over 10K on the bike before I put her away for the winter.
Anyway, I have a long commuite, and have blown through the warranty in a year and a half. I'll reach 40K miles before the end of August.
The good news is, the car still drives great, and I have no issues aside from the head unit (which I've learned to deal with). The way this Mazda feels, I could get at least 250K miles out of her before She's ready to go. That's 250K or 10 years, which ever comes first.
Addendum: I'll post a picture of the Odo when I have a chance.

41 - 60 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.