Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think of it this way:

I love driving the car, and I always will. I put About 20k (for simple math's sake) on this car in 1 year - At the rate I'm going, not only am I enjoying the car, but in 5 YEARS I'll only have 100k miles on her - and we all know that these engines are destined to last longer than that without a problem.

So I'm savoring it as well as enjoying it in my mind :D
cant argue with that logic

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
My CX-5 is getting a little rough around the edges - idle is just wonky at times, strange vibrations and such...

But as far as the engine, I don't doubt its reliability or longevity.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My CX-5 is getting a little rough around the edges - idle is just wonky at times, strange vibrations and such...

But as far as the engine, I don't doubt its reliability or longevity.
I find the 6 at idle can get a little wobbly as well.They had to dumb down our engines by 5 hp for it to accept regular gas. That might be a reason for it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
206 Posts
So far this car is running like a top. She gets serviced regularly. and with my 98 mile a day commute I have approximatly 28.5K miles on the ODD. That's minues me riding my motorcycle to work during the summer months. That's around 6K miles not on the car.
In that past I've averaged with weekends, and work commute. 32K miles a year. I blew through the warranty in a year and a half on my other Mazda's; but I had no fear. The cars were rock solid past the 100K miles I'd driven them. No clutch work. No engine work. Hardly any breaks at all. No electronic glitches.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I find the 6 at idle can get a little wobbly as well.They had to dumb down our engines by 5 hp for it to accept regular gas. That might be a reason for it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I know mine falls into a TSBs for rough idle. But, haven't had the dealer look into it or anything.
I've have it for two years nearly, and it has got over 30K miles. Guess it isn't too abnormal it is loosening up a bit and losing its refinement.

But, overall, it has been an excellent vehicle. Wish I could get my old lady to trade up to a loaded MZ6.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got roughly 7.3k in about 4 months.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had the '14 for exactly a month. I have almost 400 miles and bought it at around 80.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
15k in 13 months, and another 2k easy when I go from MD to FL at the end of Feb.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Purchased: 5/18/13 GJ Touring 6MT
7,140mi otc (driven spiritedly, mostly fwys 65%/35% city)
FE ranges (combined): 32mpg (worst) up to 41mpg (best)
Fuel: Costco 87
Syn oil: Mobil 1 0W20 + Liqui Moly MoS2

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Just about to hit 19K in mine.. fortunately My commute dropped off from 130 miles a day to 40 miles a day recently. I can't imagine the miles I would have had that not changed! eek!. I was at 10K miles before 4 months of ownership lol.

FWIW as others have mentioned the throttle response has changed DRAMATICALLY from the first time I drove the car to now.. or I could just be getting use to the lag and being able to know how to overcome where it WOULD have occured.. or the car has learned to, who knows. I know in my formula it has a skip-shift mechanism that forces you to go from 1st to 4th, when I first got that car that stupid thing kicked on everytime I pulled out.. after a year of ownership I never saw that light again (for the most part) LOL. I tick that box off on driver learning :D

·
Administrator
18,566 Posts
Just about to hit 19K in mine.. fortunately My commute dropped off from 130 miles a day to 40 miles a day recently. I can't imagine the miles I would have had that not changed! eek!. I was at 10K miles before 4 months of ownership lol.
When I first got mine I was doing exactly that 5 days a week with a lot of driving in between too. My V6 was getting about 21MPGs, so I did the math out and figured that it would save me a TON in gas in the long run. I did 42k miles in 1 year on the V6, and the 2014 was almost getting TWICE the gas milage lol, that's a lot of money!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
When I first got mine I was doing exactly that 5 days a week with a lot of driving in between too. My V6 was getting about 21MPGs, so I did the math out and figured that it would save me a TON in gas in the long run. I did 42k miles in 1 year on the V6, and the 2014 was almost getting TWICE the gas milage lol, that's a lot of money!
Yup! That's exactly why I bought this car.. I was averaging 26-28MPG in my V8 car, but jumping up to 35-36 (and down from premium to regular fuel) on my daily drive quite literally paid my car payment while doing that. I specifically bought the sport because it was a free car for me LOL. Had things been different at the time I probably would have sprung at least for the touring, but oh well, still a GREAT value!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Almost 21K here

21 - 40 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.