Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Over 18k now, had it for almost exactly a year today, she's doing just fine :D

Honestly, at the 10k mile mark, the transmission really settled in and it felt like I got a few more ponies out and much better response.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
im at 22k...100+ mile total daily commute is the culprit
Yeah that sucks :( I was doing 132 miles a day, 5 days a week, just to get to my office. Then frequently I'd add another 40+ onto the car during the day traveling to different sites.

Had over 6k on her in under 2 months - the dealership was flabbergasted when I came in for my first oil change.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Have you guy's noticed increased throttle response since first owning it. I only have 3300 miles on mine (do little driving) and had noticed a marked improvement already. It must be the Active Adaptive Shift that Mazda has on it's Automatic transmissions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Someone else on here had mentioned in my 2014 review thread that he too, noticed a significant increase in responsiveness after the 5k mark, and again at 10k. It's really quite fantastic :)

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
I think of it this way:

I love driving the car, and I always will. I put About 20k (for simple math's sake) on this car in 1 year - At the rate I'm going, not only am I enjoying the car, but in 5 YEARS I'll only have 100k miles on her - and we all know that these engines are destined to last longer than that without a problem.

So I'm savoring it as well as enjoying it in my mind :D

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Just about to hit 19K in mine.. fortunately My commute dropped off from 130 miles a day to 40 miles a day recently. I can't imagine the miles I would have had that not changed! eek!. I was at 10K miles before 4 months of ownership lol.
When I first got mine I was doing exactly that 5 days a week with a lot of driving in between too. My V6 was getting about 21MPGs, so I did the math out and figured that it would save me a TON in gas in the long run. I did 42k miles in 1 year on the V6, and the 2014 was almost getting TWICE the gas milage lol, that's a lot of money!

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
I'll be at 48k miles by the end of the week, but I've had the car since Feb of 2013.

Currently putting 500 miles on the car every week and likely will be for the next few years at least.

Starting in January this year, I'm looking at about 45k miles per year in just my daily commute.

Thank goodness I love this car and don't mind driving it!

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
The zoom factor does seem to ramp up after about 10k, at least this has been the case with mine. Seems to pull a lot stronger now...
The best way I can put it is that it's an increase to responsiveness. There's no added power, there's no added torque, it's simply the car responding the moment you hit the pedal, and it locks in and goes.

It's still a 4 cylinder, but it's a fast non-turbo 4 cylinder.
@fmatt - If you're looking for some added low-end torque, head to the Orange Virus Tuning threads. With a proper tune, you can stay on OEM parts, you don't need 93 octane, and you'll be able to rework your torque curve to suit your needs.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
I'll have owned my 6T for 6mos this Friday and just rolled 12,000 on it. No complaints now that the infotainment is (FINALLY!) working right. Excuse me while I change an air filter now.
Thank you for reminding me about the air filter, mine I'm sure is in need of another change. I just hit 62k miles this morning on the way to work.

Going to check my cabin filter while I'm at it.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
My15 6Gt is1.5 yrs old and has 63,220 miles on it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
That's a lot of driving! Hope she's treating you well :)

Going to hit 65,000 this week.......when the heck did that happen? lol

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Wow makes me feel better. My '14 Touring (bought Nov 2013) has 43k. And I thought I drove too much!
Haha yeah when I first got the car (Feb 2013) I was doing 128 miles commuting 5 days a week. After about 5 months, I changed positions in the company and my commute dropped to 16 miles daily :lol:

That lasted for about 2 years until I got a new job in Jan 2015 and my commute went back up to 80 miles daily.

Ticker said it perfect, though...

"Yes, it's a lot of driving, and I love the damn car."

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
So far so good, I think my dealership is regreting giving me free lifetime oil changes and tire rotations though, that combined with unlimited mileage warranty, how can you go wrong.

For life? Wow that's a good deal. All I get are free inspections and free car washes for life. I'd utilize the latter a lot more if their wash wasn't a car-scraper. :(

I got the car too early to have been given the unlimited milage warranty, unfortunately. My 36k mile one ran out a LONG time ago haha.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Is yours a 2015?

No. It's a 2014, though I purchased in in Feb of 2013. Wanted to get it when they were first released in Dec of 2012, but there weren't any Grand Touring Snowflake White with the options I wanted available in all of New England.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
I have 5500 miles since early November. Long commute every day, but the gas mileage seems low for highway and city driving (majority is 45 mph and up). My average in 26.8. Kind of a bummer.
That seems far too low for this car.

I commute in and out of Boston every day in heavy traffic and I'm getting about 33mpgs average. When I try to get better mpgs I can easily get it over 35 or 36.

All about how much control over the throttle you have, and how infrequently you come to a complete stop. I'd rather roll at 5mph for a mile than do 30 then stop, 30 then stop, etc. Saves a lot of gas over time.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
I'm getting ready to cross the 75k mile barrier soon. Bought in in Feb of 2013 so it's a little over 3 years old. Haven't reset the avg MPG reading in ver 50k miles and it says 34.0 right now, can't complain even if it's being optimistic since my commute in and out of Boston each day is all traffic.

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Only 45k on my CPO '14... but I saw Mazda 6 on a Forbes Top Ten Most Likely to Make It To 250k+ Miles list today. Then again, they did mention an Audi on the list, so I'm not sure how realistic they really were when trying to decide what cars to put on the list, but I was kinda happy to see the 6 get mention at #8 at least.
Audi reliability (at least up here in New England) seems to be quite good. I see Audis as often as any other vehicle ranging from all sorts of years.

But it does make me happy to see that the Skyactive engines are giving a good impression :)

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
83,000 miles here on my '15.... :)
You and I are neck-and-neck but you've been slowly catching me because I've had my car a bit longer.

Granted, I spent 1.5 years driving only 8 miles to and from work, but we've both still put a ton on very quickly. :)

Still love every second of it though....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.